Wednesday, January 24

On Training and Teaching

In my life as I've lived so far - I found that to ensure another person is trained and imparted with the skills and wisdom that I can share is truly a wondrous joy of life.

A teacher naturally wants to share his/her skills – and if best yet, to impart everything – till the student is able to stand on his own and be even better. Jesus, our great teacher of life – even said, “you will do greater things.”

An initial reading of John 14:12 leaves one startled: "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these." How is it possible to do greater works than Jesus did? Read: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2006/june/25.56.html

I think of my art teacher – KC – and this quote makes so much sense:

A teacher's purpose is not to create students in his own image, but to develop students who can create their own image. ~Author Unknown


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908