Friday, January 19

About the Letter F...

Met Pauline for lunch today and we talked briefly about resolutions for the year, and realised that I haven't thought more about my very nicely put-together "F"s of Focus and Future.

And so I thought, actually that I have a lot more "F"s to contribute to this year's main statement which is "to Focus on the Lord and have faith in the future".

Haha it's really "FUNNY!" Now be prepared - we're back to sesame street and today's new letter of the alphabet is........... "F"!

Here I Go....

Forward not backward - it's the positive mindset - to keep going always...

Fool for Christ - in that the ways of Christ seems foolishness in the eyes of the world.. "Do not deceive yourselves. If any one of you thinks he is wise by the standards of this age, he should become a "fool" so that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's Sight." (1 Corinthians 3:18-19)

"We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honorable, but we are despised" (I Cor. 4:10). Christians may hurt when they are called fools, but I had rather be a fool in the world's eyes than one in God's sight.

Freelance - GO ahead to establish my passion as a musician & web designer.. I really wanna play music, and do web design, but everything is half-hearted out of fear. NO FEAR. Forward! Feisto. fa lalala .... I CAN DO IT!

Failure - Do not fear!!

But... Fear Only the Lord -- "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; but fools despise wisdom and. instruction ... The fear of the LORD is understanding" (Prov. 1:7; 9:10).

Finance a Trip to Nepal - I seriously need to save for this...

Learn Diving -- and see Fish?! This is not exactly an "F". Literally, it's 'diving in the seas'.

Fish -- Metaphorically, it means... learning to dive into the world of lost souls and 'fish' for souls. In other terms, evangelisation. For scripture says, "Follow me... and I will make you fishers of men."(Luke 5:11) http://www.jimfeeney.org/fishersofmen.html

Fitness --- Brush up on my blading - no more gym. Just want the healthy natural sport with outdoor air.

Filipino! -- Learn a new language. Since Japanese would probably cost a bomb to learn well (plus my art classes ongoing!) cheaper new language is Filipino! Just next to me.. I'll learn from my mama penny! Weird i just got this idea today.

Then I also realised that the new OLPS ensemble would be playing for the "migrant mass" in the future - and that means, for the filipinos... which means.. there may be something about this funny small spark.


What a Fantastic "incredible" list.. a bit too Fanatic... I must be Frightfully mad...

Anyways, for now,... I shall let the dreams 'ferment' and grow... and I shall see 'fruit' in time to come! This calls for Faith, yes,... faith!!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908