Saturday, January 6

New perspectives for 2007

Been wanting to blog since Dec but the holidays were too good.... heheh..

Anyway, what I want to write today is about how God is lifting me up. I believe He is ever so patient and kind. Marlene is pretty excited about ministry these days and its been a great faith booster for me.

I still recall in mid-September, on the 18th to be exact, I was typing the list of things we've done in Youth Arise Ministry for the past year since 18th Sept 2005 when we started officially meeting in OLPS. I sent out that document, but was accompanied by the heavy feeling of discouragement and doubt of whether people would even read it or not.

The next few months was obvious, no inspirations from my side. Dryness. I was to be stuck in that situation for the next 3 months, till Dec. This was a time where I struggled and the passion to serve God felt like a flame being snuffed out.

During the christmas break I had from 23rd to 30th, it was a nice uplift though. It has been fun and relaxing. I truly enjoyed myself with my KC friends, one or 2 JC friends, Art class friends, Elaine & Claire, Colleen & Adeline.. this was a good time for me to finally tell myself, time to get up again and get to work - both in my personal and ministry life.

Just the other day, I was reflecting That our purpose in life should not simply be to 'make a living' and 'enjoy life' -- there's something more that we were created for -- To know God.

Today, I read from the TGIF devotional too, that God uses our failures to increase our Godliness - not to disqualify us. I learnt that I should not use my so-called 'failure' to make a big impact in YAM to say that I am not a good leader, but because of that, learn to depend on God more.

So then, I did a good sorting out of my old ministry notes today and found many inspiring articles and notes that I had collected over the past 2 years. Will be bringing them to ministry session today and show everyone.

For 2007 ahead, I don't know what is going to happen, but I know what I will face. With that, I can be prepared, yet open to all situations and yet also fully dependant on God.

I thought of many words to use as my 2007 resolutions... but the "F" words keep standing out this round.. hehe!:
- Focus - on the Lord
- Fight the Good fight of Faith
- Fear the Lord
- Face the Lord (seek his face - which means, the light)
- Fitness, Fight flab
- Future not past
- Fire filled
- Freedom of Spirit

Cool eh!!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908