Monday, December 11

Hip Hoppie Week

The past week was a hip hoppie one... had to finish up my classes with Studio Wu.. 6 lessons of hip hop. I did four... 2 on Fri and 2 on Sunday. But am sick today and so won't make it by Wed to do the last 2 classes. So that's it for my studio wu stint. I guess won't renew it already... it's way beyond me -- hip hop -- I don't look good and don't bounce well.. guess the ballet foundations doesn't prove one too well in these days where hip hop is the new language of dance. The instructor was cute though. But I guess, that's it for now.

Perhaps, the Gym package would suffice. Still haven't' gone to the gym yet. I always hear pauline's voice in my head saying "So sam... have you gone to the gym yet???" ARHHH no.. no no no !!!!

Anyway, I went to the National Library first time yesterday and had a good time browsing. Borrowed some books on Drawing and Painting and also one on 'The Birth of Europe'. Nice to get down to some good history once again.

Talking about books, I read my FIRST NOVEL in years! This one is from my colleague at office... The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini -

The unforgettable, heartbreaking story of the unlikely friendship between a wealthy boy and the son of his father's servant, The Kite Runner is a beautifully crafted novel set in a country that is in the process of being destroyed. It is about the power of reading, the price of betrayal, and the possibility of redemption, and it is also about the power of fathers over sons?their love, their sacrifices, their lies.

The first Afghan novel to be written in English, The Kite Runner tells a sweeping story of family, love, and friendship against a backdrop of history that has not been told in fiction before, bringing to mind the large canvases of the Russian writers of the nineteenth century. But just as it is old-fashioned in its narration, it is contemporary in its subject?the devastating history of Afghanistan over the last thirty years. As emotionally gripping as it is tender, The Kite Runner is an unusual and powerful debut.


Man.... I cried while reading the book. Cried at the end of the book. Gosh.. What a book to start the reading habit once again. TWO THUMBS UP!

And it's nice being sick.. i'm on MC today and tmrw. But it's so good coz i have more time to do all these,.. blog... and catch up on my emails. My computer crashed last Sunday and since then, i haven't had the luxury of checking emails! Maybe God is trying to tell me not to be too addicted to them. Seesh!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908