Thursday, October 12

About the Adventures on Earth concert and YAM!

Finally the concert is over and i'm back to the drones of everyday life. Aw.. kinda sad that 2 chummy weeks playing music will come to an end for now. BUt it's only a matter of time before I go back again for next year's Journey 2007 concert! This time i must go back more than 1 month earlier... to fully reap the joys of playing and learning the pieces well.

SEE PICTURES RIGHT BELOW >>>

Meanwhile, last Saturday at YAM session we had a good time watching and sharing about the Reinhard Bonnke DVD part 1 - lost at sea. There were 14 people who came!!! Including anita, paul, gav, jane... i was really glad. But i was also tired. I have some backlog and complaints and because of this, i keep seeing the problems. But after chatting wif Krish just 2 days ago on Mon night.. we came to a new conclusion --- Which i feel is a fresh start and a new perspective on things --- maybe we shouldn't focus on the problem and about how discouraged we are and how dismal the members are because they simply are not ready to take on leadership roles. This simply means, that they are not ready because they need more mentoring and journeying. After all, for both of us, it took us like 4-5 years also to gain a certain depth of maturity. What more everyone else who has only been here thinking about ministry for about a year. For those who've been in ministry longer, maybe some coaching is needed.

All this means, more time and effort is needed for us as leaders, rather than backing off and trying to pass the job to someone else. The way I see it, the Lord is not being 'angry' with me for not being positive or trusting him... rather he's still giving me a privilege to serve even more - and in my doing so -- the Lord is able to transform me even more and to develop me more. By serving more, I will get even further out of my comfort zone and do the things i once thought is not possible. In these, I sense that the Lord is showing me unconditional love. For the complaints and negative thoughts and lack of action (as much as I say i am an action person, still it is not yet enough) -- He is still giving me this task. I thought it would be 'limiting' and 'depleting' my personal time for myself - but try as I might,.. i can't ever seem to get away from this calling and mission set forth before me.

As the Last 2 months, I've been pretty much trying to maintain the ministry but not doing anything constructive like really talking to people --- yet, this 'low' existence has just been miserable. So perhaps, if i cooperate with this new direction --- and taking more out of me to really make time to talk with the members even more than just our saturday prayer meetings --- I really think that things will be different - and that everyone will grow. Now is left to whether I will really do it. And for God, everything is possible.

SO because of this new attitude and perspective i feel i am liberated from my self-imposed 'prison' of negative limiting thoughts over the past few weeks.

So says who ministry is taking up too much time? I believe it helps me learn true freedom in Christ. And this true freedom means --- finding our purpose -- finding our calling and living it up. He calls every day. Do we have miss calls or are our phones on silent mode all the time?

This time, I want to change the mode to a loud ringing tone... Oh god i think i am quiet deaf at times.. and my phone has always (literally as well) been on silent mode. But let it ring now and talk to me... I want to know what you have in store for me! Praise you Lord!

ADVENTURES ON EARTH & FAR FAR AWAY
John Williams Music! Starwars, Superman, ET, Schindlers' List, Harry Potter, etc! 5-6 Oct, VCH, NTU String Orchestra


Sheryl, me and Angela my stand partner

The Violin 2s!

After concert with Prisci & Karen my loyal supporters.. wahahaha

Only 2/5th of my year's batch is here -- me and K Yong.. WEIHAN, CLAIRE, KEITH... where are you???

The current "lao jiaos" - except Ruiting (centre) who's still in Year 4, final year.

At brewerkz after concert. Can you believe we walked all the way from VCH there, in our heels, our baggages (my violin case is really heavy) and in thick foggy haze? But the beer was worth it... wahaha

The bunch... still out at 3am... we were talking String 2007 and beyond man!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908