Monday, September 18

Driving Escapades & String Dreams

Today I'm finally inspired to blog. Yes. After a super duper ICED Mocha from the sandwich shop that is really making me feel good and high now. If not, feeling low also no mood to blog.--Nothing good to say about when you're down.

And so, as the first part of my title says -- Driving Escapades -- The past week has been really fun driving! I've been to so many new roads! That is,.. many wrong turns.. haha.. but the good thing is that for every 'wrong' turn, I learn a new road. Ok so here's a list of where I've been or intended to go:
- Destination NTU -- Discovered the BKE due to a wrong turn as I was on the wrong lane.. after BKE goes up to Mandai, I can make a U turn and go back to PIE.. after that.. got lost at commonwealth, Jurong west.. and so many new roads learnt!
- Destination King?s Road (St. Ignatius Church) - Overshot at the Farrer Road/Adam Road exit and so found that Coronation Road also leads to King's Road. But couldn't find car park at the main church, so found out that Victoria Park Road leads to a back area with more car park!
- Fetching Marcel to Commonwealth MRT - we missed the turning. So we ended up going up past AYE, towards NUS!!! With a quick U-Turn, I managed to reach Buona Vista MRT and following the line, reached Commonwealth MRT at the end (after a big round). On the way, discovered where Holland Village turning was!
- Car broke down at Ang Mo Kio Central carpark ? Luckily I was in the car park!! I got some help from Nat's Dad as they live nearby at Upper Thomson. So then, I found out how to travel from Ang Mo Kio to the PIE (though i don't think i can remember now)
- Novena back to the East ? Found out that we can just go up towards KK hospital and then Rochor Road back to ECP. So easy.
- Mandai Road (ZOO) - Went to the Zoo on previous Sunday (10th) and I found out that it just needs PIE, BKE, and then Mandai Road. On the same day, I followed a friend to go to Pasir Panjang (but now I forgot!) and then from Pasir Panjang Back to Mandai Road.
- On that same day (10th) --- Destination Yio Chu Kang Rd from Mandai - I did not find the correct turning so I ended up at YISHUN!!! Then SEMBAWANG! So I finally found Ang Mo Ko, then Upper Thomson and then Yio Chu Kang!
- Going to Elaine's house (Yio Chu Kang ? Seletar Estates) for String Practice ? I found how to travel to Jalan Kayu!
- Just yesterday night? Fetching Claire Home (Hougang Ave 7) from Elaine's House (Yio Chu Kang) - I tried to be adventurous to try a new route - turned into Buangkok Green and I was supposed to end up on Hougang Ave 5, to get to Ave 8 and then Ave 7... but somehow the road landed us up at COMPASSVALE and PUNGGOL Road! So it was too late to roam around, we U-turned all the way back to Yio Chu Kang Road and went via the normal route again! Haha!

And so that's it for the list of Driving Escapades thus far. I wonder what's next?! ;) hehe!


String Dreams

We've got a new name! The trio - Claire, Elaine & I will be called - "Jazzical Belles"! It's magical, whimsical, and musical.. ! So what's next? A website,.. and more lobangs! Not to mention.. lose weight, get into a nice dress and be ready to perform this November at a Wedding lunch reception at IHM Church!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908