Wednesday, August 30

Tribute to Esther!

My FYP buddy Esther is back from Xinjiang, China, after a month and a half of trekking..as part of the Women's Everest Team training expedition. She's an amazing person who just never stops to inspire others..:)

See her sketch of the mountains!


Esther, I just get the larger than life feeling when I hear of all you've done.. so keep it up! I am still far from getting myself into trekking or even mountaineering. Not to mention marathon-ing.. SEESH! But it's inspiring! I wanna go to all those exotic places and immerse myself in the mountains, the rural life, take great photos, and just live life.. survive. Not be like a luxurious kid, with everything in your hands, money, job, work, and never having lived life in all its simplicity and the barest of basics.

And before I get into questioning myself whether these dreams are just talk, let me just revel in the dream and dream --- for the sake of dreaming. For our dreams become reality. If we don't simply hope, but believe it will happen. Let my mustard seed faith grow and take root.. I want to believe more in myself and make things happen!

Meanwhile, Ju goes off to Boston MIT today! Another girl with big dreams. I pray she will be safe, and that God will guide her through the gruelling 5 years of PHD Study. It's certainly not a pleasant feat for many - who can withstand studying for another 5 years? But I believe God will see her through.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908