Monday, August 7

Long Term Thinking

Today I was just thinking on how we tend to be myopic in our thinking and planning. Like I start the youth e-newsletter for my church - but halfway it seems harder to go on. Of course, the realities of the work has set in. But it's not that the passion has died. Rather, it means that this vision needs to be fueled even more by better planning, more resources, and a steady focus. Sometimes, at stretches of time, I blank out and totally don't wanna think of the project. Then I get back and it's all fury again... But for the long-term, it's better to develop a steady pattern and plan! Then again, it's always going the extra mile.. it's tiring.

Meanwhile, rather than patting my back (i so feel like doing that) I want to tell myself NO i cannot rest on my laurels! For something that has barely started, gaining ever slight momentum, i cannot stop! :) So i must press on. In fact, there's greater hope ahead.. more avenues to link up various of these church groups and people - ONLINE. I just see the world online.

Crazy huh. I wish my job title was now called web editor. or maybe web-something. But it seems after all i am still a copywriter and i have to do press releases! So not my favourite. Shall I bitch about work? nah. No i shall not. Yesterday at Festival of Praise, the theme was "Empowered by the Spirit in the Marketplace". IT was a very inspiring new insight for me. To think that God's SPirit spreads more greatly in the marketplace than in the church! I'm thinking about it and am like.. YEAH.. been trying SO HARD in the church for so long, and the answer is simply to go to the Marketplace! The Marketplace!

FOP 2006! at the Indoor Stadium - Don Moen here. He played the VIOLIN! HE played it! So coool!!!


And Christian City Church band is here. Speaker was Ed Silvoso - wrote some great books!


Talking about 'the marketplace' now i feel so suaku! I just visited the Raffles City underground revamp and only JUST realised that it has changed! Guess that's just life for me this year. Devoted and dedicated to my work in the church and for God - that not even shopping or enjoying myself with other things (like movies friends, dinner) will be better than that.

And that has been me all along. I think i'm driven by a passion for God. The passion for achievement. Producing good works. Design. Writing. Art. Music. After all these years, it still cannot change. So one thing i know now is that I know myself better, and I know what I must do, where I must go, and where I mustn't. I mustn't be untrue to myself no longer. I must pursue the Real Me!

And so I dream - once again! I think my whole blog is full of dreams and self-reflection. Narcissisistic? Boring? Oh well, it's my blog!

Now then, i'm exploring possibilities of creating a saccre-youth and olpsyouth blog. After the website now comes the blog. More more more responsibilities.. Before I launch into this, i think i need a full week to review the websites and whether i can carry them both on. Talk about creating a Saccre-youth newsletter and Database (at the back of my head) - and I just cringe at the work ahead and the wonder if anyone ever has a similar idea as me. Come on in the whole of singapore does no one ever wish there was a readily accessible database of groups and contacts?

Oh well - there's Veritas. SO perhaps, i'm at the wrong place and wrong time.. perhaps perhaps.

Now then.. I am hoping I survive this week. I have to rewrite a corporate brochure at work - been sitting forever on it. It's not easy.. yet it's not difficult. Dun know why i'm so stuck. It's a mental displacement. I feel i moved on from the writing stage to the content-gathering-conceptualising stage at work and it's hard to go back to writing. Not that I was ever a real great copywriter.. seesh¬!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908