Thursday, August 3

Monotones - oil painting part 2

Lesson 2: Painting with monotones. We haven't even touched the oil yet.. heh! This is tougher than i thought.. because the light sections are not simply 'not shading' but you also have to add the right degrees of white. I have added too little here, so the overall picture still looks dark and low contrast. And the apple has an outline! Whereas the different 'tone' should have been done by painting different degrees of Grey. So then.. much more to learn!! I'm quite impressed however to find that our teacher is an artist outside NAFA with his own exhibition gallery. I wanna see it one day!!!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908