Friday, July 14

C'est La Vie

I've been taking a backseat the last week.. really thanks to Marlene for stepping up and planning this saturday's session at YAM... I really praise the Lord! Just when I was going to doubt that God really provides, he really provides. Isn't it funny?

And well.. came across Dotz's blog again.. and in it she writes something that strikes me. She says --> "what makes me somebody?" i feel like i'm learning that now. in a whole new light.

Similarly I find that I am still still still only just beginning to discover the real me. THe real me. How to put it even more explicitly --.. the real me! Who dares to live up to her dreams. But bear in mind.. it's a start.

And so-- it's been a really crazy week -- staying up pretty late the past few days doing the OLPS Youth e-newsletter.. but i had lots of fun doing it -- only that when i sent it out the pictures don't appear in yahaoo emails. Not too sure for hotmail or gmail. Sigh... yet another mistake.

But talking about emails... At work... tis is quite a testimonial. I have been simply working normally and conscientiously at my job as copy editor at IQPC. But this job scope has been evolving ever since Day one. And it's been evolving in a way that gives me challenge and continues to grow according to my strengths. Now i am in charge of community build -- aka... online community, e-newsletters, website revamp and driving content, sourcing articles, maintaining a blog, writing and producing post event reports. Exactly what i have been doing at ministry and in my own past time. I see God at work here once again.... God's favour. God's blesisngs. God's ultimate love for me in providing me this path, this job, and allowing me to discover myself slowly as I work here.. and get a firm footing and feeling of security. I just really really really thank God. I mean... I didn't plan this. I didn't foresee this. Only God could have led me here. Isn't it? iT's not simply - good luck - It's God's greatness working in my life - despite my shortcomings.

Next point is that ---->>> I FINALY did my pedicure!!! I love it!!!

And Final point is --> I'm going to sign up for an Oil Painting Class at NAFA! 8weeks.. at night. YIPPEE... it's one of my dreams...

And the really last point is about Zion's Joy - this youth group at IHM Church. Got to know the group last week at Fr. Gino's leadership retreat and was invited to their gathering on Sunday night for world cup... at 10pm, the night had barely begun. I reached there around 11pm, and stayed till 2am... just when the world cup started (but i was really drowsy by then heh). And man, i took back many things from them -- lessons on Fellowship; Community; Hospitability; Perseverance (after hearing their history all the way till since 1999-2000). We gathered at wilfred's house, and a bunch of them were watching VCD while others were at mahjong and yet another bunch were having currychicken and other food in the kitchen. Really close, cosy and warm. I watched the mahjong. THen midway, the core team actually had their meeting.. from 11plus to 2am! SERIOUS! They showed me what 'discipline' was... and how a ministry needs that kind of discipline and fervour (of every member) to be able to plan things and move further ahead. THey have the drive - they have the leaderhsip - and they have people who are keen to serve. YET, they also told me that they had their down times when there were only less than 10 members in the group. Now it's like 20-30 pple, with talents in all areas - music, media... etc.

SO i'm very very inspired by them. Strong bunch, close, same vision... same passion, good work style. Not too laid back, able to enjoy, while work togeher in harmony. WOW...

And so i sign off today... feeling really tired.. but thankful for every minute and every thing that 's happening. I'm still only just beginning to re-search God again in my life- that prayer time, prayer life and that relationship with Him...


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908