Saturday, June 24

I love my string buddies

You know the song... Let the music heal your soul.... ?

To me, Music is heavenly. Tonight was one memorable one. It was simply a string practice. A lousy one at that, with me playing lots of wrong notes and sounding bad. But after that, KY, Keith, WH and me went over to the Hong Kong Cafe at Kovan for supper.. and it was really cool... reminiscing our string days right from year 1.. those were the days. In fact, if i remember anything strongly from NTU, it would be the passion in String. Perhaps I never talked about it. But its like the people there, we may never meet for one year, but when we do meet up, just bring the music - and we'll play together once again. IT's a special bond. Perhaps that's why people in Band tend to stick through from beginning to the end. It's the same for the string ensemble. And now we're a STring Orchestra. Can you believe it? I believe the seeds started from the time when WH came in, will all passion and vigour to change the ensemble. Back then, we didn't know what more it could become. We just thought, let's bring it higher.. let's improve things. let's make things bettter. There were some hiccups along the way, but thank God, someone - Ruiting - managed to catch that vision that we had - which was almmooosstt lost - and brought SE back to its feet with even more gusto...transforming it overnight (or rather, over the whole year) into a dynamic organisation, with new leadership, new dreams and big ones at that. She was daring, and acted upon her dreams. I often look to her as an inspiration - and back one year ago i believed that I even thought that if only people in my youth ministry could be like her. So this year, the NTU SO is going to peform at the Victoria Concert hall, to really cool orchestra pieces like Harry Potter & Star Wars. MAN... a dream i have.. is coming true. I just want to find the time to go for practice. There's so many so so so many things I wanna do but lack time. And sometimes, people blame me for it. But what to do? My heart is sometimes torn into so many shreds. But I am so happy tonight. I am truly happy - for I know that these people are people whom I can come back after long periods of time and yet still share the bonds. I do hope we could be closer, but time and circumstances forbid. Perhaps, we'll play more together.. as we are already doing now.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908