Tuesday, June 13

Adventure Allies

Take this test at Tickle
Samantha, you should pick your Adventurous Ally

That's who you should share your adventures with! We don't care what some people say, and neither does this friend. This friend gives you an adrenaline rush like no other, and it's this trait that connects you two at the hip, or by a bungee cord, or in the chair lift, or as you embark on the next adventure just around the corner.

Just because your social calendar tends to be pretty full doesn't mean there isn't any room to keep exploring on your dance card. So go ahead. Keep pushing those envelopes and expanding your horizons. Just name it, and your adventuring amigo is sure to be there by your side. Aren't they always?

===============================

Just did this tickle test... Pretty interesting the words in the end.. it makes sense and it's pretty much what i'm looking for in friends or maybe a special someone.... an adventure ally. I think I need someone whom i can share my adventures with (or dreams of adventures haha) and pursue life even more. Truly, the social calendar is pretty full, not really with social activities, but fulfilling activities all the same. And it says,... "exploring on your dance card".. haha.. ok.. there's so many things i wanna do next and one of them is dance... but it's a big hurdle.. going back into dance.. i gotta push myself.

===============================

On a sidenote, i reflected on what I just said above, why do we need to pursue life? Why do people need to fill their life with events? me included? Ok silly question - we are all social animals i know.. but... then again.. as far as i know, these events can satisfy for a moment, but it dies off at a point of time, and we realise that it cannot really satisfy or give us true self-worth. We could be living in denial. But what we do is really NOT a measure of our self-worth.

When we do so many things, it's because of that void in our hearts that is meant to be filled by a knowledge of God and God's love itself. At least that's what every christian would say. But it's true isn't it? I can vouch for that, not coz i'm a catholic, but coz it's true... Sometimes I find myself doing activities just to fill up that void because I feel, i'm "nothing" if i don't do anything. So i get up and DO a lot of things. But at the end of the day, DOING so much, doesn't make me any more fulfilled or happier. I could use what I do to be my backbone in life.. yes. Doing fun things gives me energy, doing good things makes me noble, doing new things gives me confidence to boast about ---- none other than MYSELF. But it's contrary to the Bible and what Jesus says. As a christian, we don't boast about ourselves.. but about Christ.

So isn't it not really about the doing? Rather it's from knowing God's Love, that I am saved, that I am made WHOLE by HIM, then i'm FREE and BLESSED, and protected, and given all things and PROVIDED for by GOD, to do these things.. so that I can say, that God is good and gives me strength to do these, so it's not by might nor power, but by the Spirit of God (Zechariah 4: 6)

I've been struggling. I keep asking God WHY for a million of things.. but i realised that there's always a lesson to be learnt, light at the end of the tunnel. In that faith, i can walk on... and persevere.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908