Monday, June 19

SIGN away!

I've had a very unique experience during the recent Youth in the Spirit Seminar on 15 - 18 June. I was facilitating a group - and my group's name was "Divine". Isn't it divine? haha.. anyway, after making very pink & girlish name tags in a rush on the 15th morning itself, I arrived at camp all full of energy. After all, I had purposely taken 2 days leave for this.

And my group was really unique. Firstly, my co-facilitator called off sick and busy with work, so was not coming. And then, I found out that my group had 2 hearing-impaired people - one girl was deaf. And secondly, 3 of the members could not come on Thursday. But I soon found that this arrangement was really good. Because communicating was very slow. We took double the time to communicate something, because we had to write out what we wanted to say and wait for the written reply. And then, since 3 members could not make it, it gave me enough time for my special members.. and then, I also found out that it was really cool - to learn sign language.. you can even sing in sign language - something like those hand actions we do at mambo nights..

All in all, we were really unique, and that it really made me love others so much more. At the end of the camp, I am blessed so much more. Because I felt that I had given something away - God's love - through me. And i'm so happy because of this.

The true measurement of happiness is living our lives for others.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908