Tuesday, August 1

SACCRE Youth

Off balance! Today(monday) I shifted desk - for the FOURTH time! After the physical disorientation came the work disorientation.. couldn't really concentrate and kept doing 2-3 things at the same time.. so i decided i had too much to complete and thus, almost forgot to have lunch till 2pm..

Then, it was SACCRE Youth meeting from 7:30 - 9:30pm. It was starting off well, but somehow, it's like no one could really help it but because of differing views things came to a little tense point. SACCRE Youth is at a very vulnerable stage. For those who dun know, it stands for Singapore Archdiocesan Catholic Charismatic Renewal Experience. There's the adult group. so since last year, there's been these efforts to set up a youth wing for SACCRE - to reach out to youths. And being in a youth ministry, few of us from different youth ministries are now involved to discuss how to take SACCRE Youth further. BUt there's differing views. I believe in the big picture (somehow I have evolved from thinking of just the small details to the big picture!!) but some still don't quite see it and settle for the here and now. I question - what happens after that? they say - let's work on what we can do for now.

Sigh. It's so tough to find a person who can truly work with you - with the same ideals. PErhaps that's why while praying, Maggie shared that she felt that we needed unity. True. We need also to define WHAT is SACCRE Youth and our ROLE in the churches and WHO is going to be involved. I can't believe that up till now we are still discussing WHO is willing to contribute and who is not. I think for YAM, there is only just me lor. It's maybe quite simple on our side. Ok i am roping in Eugene for now. But then.. I believe rather that SACCRE YOuth should still have a dedicated person to coordinate for all ministries. OKa could be the one but he needs to step down in due time. So then, the question is perhaps for just 1 person who can really handle it all. Then the question comes - who? I feel it's like God crying out - whom shall I send? And I just so wish to say: Here I am, send me! If not for the many other commitments I already have.

Well then, it was amazing that after that Nat and I spent another 1 and a half hour STANDING and talking near the bus stop. We just talked.. didnt' even sit down. About the mtg, about John 10:10, YAM, her, me, etc. It was uplifting. ANd there's 2 things she said that made me think:

1) That eagerness / enthusiasm to reach out doesn't equate to genuine love for others. Yet the bible says, if we don't love others, we are not really followers of God..

2) and the question of: What is your Personal Vision? Even to have a renewed relationship with Jesus is a personal vision.

And i think... God.. thank you for this inspiring chat.

Back home..

I'm so inspired to journal all these out. Yes, I'm going to journal more and more. I want to see my own personal progress. despite how much inertia i face.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908