Sunday, October 1

NTUSO & NFO Concert

Titled Adventures on Earth and far far away! This concert's repertoire is absolutely fabulous. compositions by John Williams --- Starwars, Harry Potter, ET, Superman...



TIX at http://www.gatecrash.com.sg

It's crazy. I wish I had gone back like 2 months earlier. As of now, around 2 weeks of practice already... i can say i know only 10-20% of the score. The rest doesn't vaguely sound like music. But then thankfully, i'll blend in with the rest.. :)

It's wonderful to be part of an ensemble playing movie music.

This is really part of a dream come true. ONly that i don't quite enjoy my playing...

What next? I also hope to play in musicals and plays. Then again, that's for the pros....

Now I look at those semi-pro people at NFO and wonder if there's a greater future ahead in playing violin that actually earns you real dollars. But as much as I look at me now, it feels as if i can only reach up to this level -- the school orchestra level...

Well then, stick with NTU String then.. after all, another concert is lined up for next year so if i continue with them right from the beginning of practices instead of butting in just before concert, i should be able to play a decent piece by then and truly enjoy it.

That's perhaps all I really want now.. to be engrossed and 'lost' in the music... just for 1 more week, then it's over.


That's everyone spacing out after a practice last week... and some die hards still practicing away...

Download Clonetrooper Orchestra clip
By Treehouse Animation. For your amusement. Note: no clonetroopers will perform at the concert.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908