Thursday, August 7

Establish the Work of Our Hands - Psalm 90

This bible verse speaks to me again... now at a time when i'm pretty "free". But as you know, "free" isn't really "free".... it's an ironic feeling. Although you are free, you are still burdened with the thoughts that one day I still will have to find a job and work again.

So then, what will truly make me free and happy and enjoy my life yet also work for my upkeep? Being honest and hardworking as even the bible exhorts?

There are times, when i want to tell God --- can't i just disappear? from the world altogether. But that is only escapism. And i'm not even depressed. I'm just... aimless. Ambitionless. So much so that life seems pointless.. just live to enjoy each day and fill it up with good things and entertainment. But that would not make me happy forever would it?

So I am touched by Psalm 90 which says: Psalms 90:12 Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom...... 14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. ..... 17 May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us — yes, establish the work of our hands.

So finally after 1 month of doing so many things... it's been a long month, i'm finally beginning to quieten down, and to really take my break to be renewed. Despite being on a break for already 1 month, i probably only just settled down this week!

So tonight, I ponder, about what it means in "establish the work of our hands".... -- coz i never seemed to hear or pray about this before! (Isn't God amazing to make me think of this verse?)

And I read an interesting blog on this topic: Click here to read it too

I quote ---

There were 5 elements in something being established.
1. The Planning
2. The Preparation for the future event
3. The Presentation of the finished product
4. The Pleasure others enjoy
5. The Personal Satisfaction and SUCCESS!

So, for something to be established, it means that the end result is satisfaction and success!!

At the end of the day, I sense one overriding message -- "Bear Fruit"...

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,whose trust is the LORD. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes,for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:5-8, ESV)


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908