Monday, October 25

Pre-exam Radicalism..no i'm not going crazy!

It's amazing how after a few days of anguished cries and prayers for help that God really answers.

How does He answer?

A simple sms from a friend asking how am I. A phone call from a friend which brings me joy and the feeling that i'm not so alone in this world. Some good encouraging responses from my FYP client and FYP supervisor (i was expecting just a so-so answer) and a group of really hardworking and dedicated teammates (who are all furiously thinking with me, on how to solve the problem of how to sell our product to our target audience in the most best method...headache this one!).

While things seem so tough, I can still stop by and appreciate the good things that are there, simply so that God may be praised, for He is all things good.

And when things look tough, it is Him trying to produce in me an even better character. Growth, change, struggles, need to come about before I can truly learn to be creative. And I tell you, I am so so so challenged. To be disciplined. To study hard. To believe why studies matter (I always hate it nowadays). To not give up on my accounting elective!!! (that needs a miracle...)

And after doing an essay about George Orwell in my creativity & arts as therapy course, I feel so encouraged to stand for what i believe in. I mean.. George was a conservative in everything except politics. I feel like I too, more and more as I journey on, seem to develop a similar side regarding my faith. And so if that be the way to go, if one is supposed to live out one's dreams, and live for one's passion, certainly, I do not see a typical future ahead. Where will this passion lead me? Where would I go? IT's exciting to dream.. and as conservative as I am, I am really dreaming big here.. and only because I know God is behind me.

But then again, the pressures of this world conforms me, and I have to find that delicate balance between conformity and living it out as I would want. I never thought of it, but now I do.. Life is ours to live, why can't we live the way we want? - Well, unless if what we want is a life of debauchery, laziness, greed, I believe, if we truly want to live a life in Christ, it is the best choice.

So we should GO for IT! 101%! If a goal of living life the way I Want can spur people to really living life out (eg. Madonna wanted to live to be popular) WHAT MORE if what we wanted was to live a life in Christ. Why can't that be a valid dream? Ironic how people don't seem to see it... not talking about non-christians, but the Christians themselves.

For nothing else in this world matters, if we do not have Christ. When we die and move on into the eternal, what really counts is if we have stored up our eternal treasures, rather than earthly gains.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908