Wednesday, March 1

Beyond human comprehension..

There can be nothing greater than basking in the presence of the Lord. Looking upon Him as warm sunlight, shining down upon us. The breeze blows, the grass sways and flowers dances joyfully in this ?son?-light. As if we were all under His great and constant gaze.

He is not like the scorching sun, drying us up. Rather, He is the warm light that melts our cold exteriors, the multi-layered barriers to our hearts. He is the only one who reaches right in and stays there? that?s what warm sunlight does to you.

Jesus.

His love is beyond human comprehension.

Our love is so finite, so reward-seeking. But for what reward did He have when he chose to die on the cross? Nothing. He did it out of love.

And he protects and He guides.

When we are in prayer and walk IN Him, he becomes our vine.. and all we do is absorb the nutrients from Him. As the branches, we don?t worry about our source.. coz HE is our source. Our Source of purpose, strength, meaning, motives, whatever.

And I just know Peace. The feeling where time stops, and you know you?re accepted, love, cared for, alright, forgiven, freed, no longer condemned, no longer guilty?

What is important in life?

Someone mentioned, ?character development?. It struck me that true indeed, and very noble.

But character is formed by our choices & deeds. In Christ, we form a godly character. Without Him, our character is worldly. Which do we choose?

I am often perturbed by the majority or so it seems, of people choosing the latter. Developing our character on our own lines of justification and logic is simply choosing to say, God is not sovereign in our lives. We may still go to church, but our lives has lost that deep and personal intimacy with our Father. We are still in His House, but we do not know Him very well.

Oh God.. I wonder if I have simply obsessed myself too much with you. But has there been any one who hasn?t been called or drawn to you, who has done so? I believe that it is truly You who are calling me, drawing my heart to you.

Oh God, you fill me with so much desire to see your kingdom here on earth, that when I don?t see it, I am so sad. I am truly truly sad and no amount of words can describe it.

Oh God, my heart really longs for you. I don?t know why, but I know that I cannot live without you? because I am only human ? and sinful.

Oh God, as I pray, as I seek you, the more I realise how hypocritical I can be. I say I love you, but I don?t love my neighbour, or my family members, or my friend enough. Truly love has to flow from you to me to them. Not me alone because I am lacking.

Oh God, thank you that I am not over-sufficient because that would mean I have no need for you. By knowing that I need you, Lord, I am glad, because it helps me to be in perspective ? that it is your grace that gives us everything we ever had.

Oh God, I can go on and on, but today, I want to bless your Holy Name.. because it is your Name that is above all other names. You are the God above all other Gods. And I am glad to serve you ? the highest God in all the universe.

Amen!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908