Tuesday, March 20

Sadistic!

Thoughts... On ministry: I always have been a bit biased. I thought that when we serve in ministry, we should devote everything to ministry. In YAM people ‘should’ think more about what the ministry should be doing, where God wants us to be, etc. But I learnt recently that God can use us powerfully in each of where we are called, and different people are called to different areas. So some of us may be involved at other areas, but it’s alright. They’re not slacking, nor are they being less committed. As long as they’re still serving God well in other places, it’s alright.

On the latest movie I watched with Pauline tonight – 300 – “Prepare for Glory”: I thought it’s a good movie – worth at least 3.5 stars. But not enough to make it a wholesome story – it was... poignantly mad – glorified violence – artistic gore – egoistically inspiring.. but that makes it an interesting watch. Not enough for a sequel though… but I like it overall.

After the movie -- I realized that I am quite a sadist. I didn’t find the movie too gory – well maybe it’s a bit graphic – but still “withstandable”. It didn't make it out that you’ll feel the physical pain – but rather, feel the tension of what's going to come next. So it’s really an action thing… OH DEAR Sam! Maybe it’s the anime. Hhaha… u know – some of them – fighting scenes.. so it’s none too different…what more those like “gantz” or “tokko”… blood splashing around all day.... hmm…. Typical… oh well… those series.. (maybe it’s ended for all I know.. but well, the plot sucked after a while…also I thought it wasn’t good for me.. bit too graphic if you know what I mean.. so I stopped it.. )

Well, ok I’ll let you in on a secret – when I was in Pri. 2, I recall killing a snail - on purpose!! Talk about ‘mercy’… ok I wanted to see what was inside the snail… and so curiosity killed the snail. I probably felt a bit guilty but the thrill was greater than the guilt. Now am I a sadist or what?

Anyways… other things that’s happened lately:
1. Watched Titoudao last wed. It's Good! Watched it with Mum Dad and friend Anita. But I dun understand Hokkien!

2. I have signed up for the professional cert course at 3Dsense media, in creative web media. Course starts on 7 April. This was not planned, but it’s one of the things that springs up along the road. 3 months of Saturdays.

3. Saturday last – went to St. James but later, supper at bedok simpang was just as nice if not better.

4. That I’ve had Ice Milo past three nights. Today at work it was Ice kopi. Oh dear.. I shall try to swop and drink fruit juice.

5. That I realized that I am enjoying life.. and so I should begin thanking God more each day!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908