Sunday, February 4

2007 party, Art & Latest YAM session

IQPC 2007 Party - Last thursday 1st Feb, we had our annual party at Baize China one. It was yet again another fantastic dress-up party since our last Summer Party at Jitterbugs (Dance themes), with people this time in get-ups spanning from luminous orange oil & gas overalls to sports, oriental and even 'east coast' beachwear. But the best in my opinion, was still our marketing dept going "Back to School". Here's some pics!




ART - In the meantime, art class still continues. We're now going to paint landscape - in the style of the painter we like (aka van gogh style, or so on)... I'm going to do sunset - in style of Joseph Mallord William Turner (1775 - 1891).

Joseph Mallord William Turner (1775-1851) English most famous landscape painter. His use of brilliant bursts of impressionistic color (red and orange) in his paintings of the1830s and 1840s influenced the French impressionists movement led by Claude Monet some 30 years later.


The fighting Temeraire tugged to her last berth to be broken up, painted 1839.

‘… the only perfect landscape painter whom the world has ever seen’ John Ruskin, Modern Painters, I, 141

Finally...

YAM - We had our largest turnout at yesterday's session - 25 people in total! Amazing. I can only praise God. Where winter has passed, it seems now to be Spring and Summer all in one. More Spring - a season of Hope. We had 17 at marlene's house last saturday and this week there's 25. Certainly the Lord is adding to our number day by day! I just am so happy. Indeed, where we once complained to God becuase we couldn't see the future, it seems God is putting the pieces of the Jigsaw in place - at last I see something. part of something. Part of a greater picture. And i feel so blessed - that God is bringing new people in - with many new gifts and talents... to serve and to help this little youth group to flourish. I have great hopes ahead and I believe I will give my all to see revival take place. Then again, I am always challenged - what is "my all"? Is my all really this or can I give more? Look at the story of The Heavenly Man - this pastor Brother Yun gave his whole life to the point of death.. torture, jail... In the world today, how much am I willing to go for God? Could I stand up to even more things? such as rejection, trials, persecution? I tremble at the thought, but i know that with God in control, I have no fear. OR at least, I can rest assured that everything is in his hands.

Recently had a catchup with Camille. We talked about a certain point - that people who go to hell are really those who reject God totally - and in fact, the fact that they cannot go to heaven is because they do not love God one bit - so being in heaven would in fact be "torture" for them. It made much sense. N it was comforting --- to know that at least if we have one ounce of love for God, we have a hope to reach heaven... despite our sinfulness which will be purged at the state of purgatory.

We also came to a conclusion that there's no such thing as ghosts - which rather, are the manifestation of evil spirits designated to create fear, or propagate belief in a false doctrine, spiritism, and divinity.

See pics of our 25 people gathering yesterday! Awesome!!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908