Friday, January 26

Joy!

Wow 2 great articles on the JOY of the Lord.

I was just thinking - I have the JOY of the Lord - despite how sometimes I like to be moody - or whatever is the externals - Inside, there's always this hope and trust in Him that HE will one day bring me to paradise in Heaven... to worship with the angels.. so this is truly Joy and with Joy, we have strength to live the day.

http://www.ucg.org/sermons/transcripts/200405maintainingjoy.htm

http://www.soth.net/sermons%202004/sermon%209-19-2004.htm

Man.. I also like this quote from the 2nd article - Richard Foster, in his book The Celebration of Discipline, writes this about worship: "To worship is to change. To stand before the Holy One of eternity is to change. If worship does not change us, we have not truly worshiped." Or, put another way, if worship does not stir our souls, does not fill us with joy, we have not truly worshiped.

Worshipping God - is a beautiful thing. Pity we don't always turn to it - but if we did.. it would be transcendential.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908