Wednesday, September 5

Scare

Just yesterday I had a huge swell on my foot. It was still there today so went to a doc. Said it’s some bug bite perhaps…

Silly as I am, I got pretty scared yesterday and today before visiting the doc..… My thoughts were – what if it’s something serious or have a possible sudden impact that costs my life? What would I do? How should I behave? I thought – if I have only 24 hours more to live, how should I live? Then I understood the anguish that people with terminal illness face… or those who fear their lives going. One thing is that there shouldn’t be fear of death for the Christian believer. Death will bring us to Christ. Why fear? But it’s human.. its natural. We also have many attachments to the things of this world. I was thinking.. I can’t die – I still want to do so many things… No.. how can I? But who is to say?? What if we had only 1 day more? Our life ultimately is in God’s hands. So scare or no scare, it got me thinking that our present and also eternity must be focused on God. And that’s the real challenge. Because we are only giving like 30% of our lives to God --- but what about the rest? We still want it for ourselves at times.. it’s like.. we want to do good things and godly missions… for God……but we are still holding the title-deed on our lives. If you were to die tomorrow, would you panic? Yes, right? You get what I mean?


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908