Sunday, August 19

The past week

The last week… has been rather eventful!

We had a Taize session in remembrance of Brother Roger last week, with OLPS ensemble performing again. It was wonderful coz I really believe that our ensemble has gotten better at listening to each other, knowing the songs, and even flowing with it. I thoroughly enjoyed playing with them!

Then there was the SACCRE Youth meeting which Marlene attended with me and Eugene for the first time. Hehe.. she was the noisiest of the lot, coz the meetings are usually very quiet!! People are very serious there! Hahaha…All serious to make great events and plans come about for Christ. I just love them.

On Friday there was my company’s annual summer party. It was an afternoon at Sentosa with team building games… running from Siloso to Palawan beach and back. Man I was truly tired.. so unfit! Haha.. but my group won first place!!! So it means 10am at work on Monday. That day, they also rewarded all staff with 2year service and more…. And I made it to 2 years (though there’s few more months to go actually). I dunno why I just feel glad. They’re smart. It makes you happy so we won’t leave and will stay.. heh.. smart move…

Yesterday whole day, was for YAM. We had meeting at Marlene’s house, and I practiced the guitar for the worship that night… and prepared session contents… And at that night, we had a wonderful session. I won’t say it’s because I did the session. But because I was glad to be of service. I “needed” to do the session because it was for me, a step out of comfort zone once again, a new step out of the mentality that “I am tired”. Spiritually, it allowed me to know that God can still use me and that God has still great plans for me. And my faith is renewed. My faith is refreshed. I am with new hope for my life and future in Christ.

And so I ask myself, will I continue doing this even as I am getting older and wondering if I should be stopping ministry to pursue other things like – maybe dress myself up even more?

I’m thinking… these are simply distracting thoughts designed to make me veer off course.

Why? Because there is simply a huge spiritual battlefield out there that God is calling us out to go there and be there to fight with him… this might sound so abstract, so alternate reality-sounding – but it’s true. In the Christian life, we cannot ignore the spirits that battle with God and His holy angels.. and what do we do amidst all that calamity? We shut our eyes, and ears, and tell ourselves that these do not exist? Or we take a closer look and find that it is all so real, and we step into it and begin fighting to allow God to be “king” in our lives?

When we submit to the lordship of Jesus, we will know Christ even more. We will know Him, know the peace that only HE can give, and know that HE has a great plan and purpose for us, that we will have life in eternity with Him and not away.

My prayer then, to the Lord then, is forgive me Lord for I have sinned.. .. and do not turn your face away from me Lord… because I want to be with You and You alone.. I want to worship you all of my days, I want to be in your presence and be your instrument. Help me Lord, amen!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908