Sunday, January 25

A New Look!

Hehe.. I have dropped the curls and gone for a straight look. Funny how I always say I am never going to rebond my hair, then finally, i get a rebond. well, no choice actually, you have to rebond to straight the curls... but it's really exciting, for once the hair all falls down straight and does not wave around like the usual... really easy to manage!

Anyway, Friday was fabulous. We had halfday at work, and thereafter, JL and Z and I went to bowl.. had a "turkey" (3 strikes in a row) and proceed to the LONGKANGs for the next 2 throws, and a final average score of 102. Well, not too bad for me. ;)

After that it was back to work for a special project at Singapore Children's Society. Won't say too much here, but it's a charity project we are doing with them, which needed video filming of the children to say a message... it was really tiring but yup, fulfilling. On the way back Z asked me - what was JC life like... and I was just... hMMMm.... thinking back of all the fond memories. Well, it was a HORRIBLE studying time... i clearly did not like my subjects. But the friends, the life, the whole culture at VJ, i loved it. I loved being in String. I loved my friends. I loved my ownself finding my ownself. I loved my emo periods. I loved the carrom games... so forth.

Anyway... then I remembered that I met KJ at Starbucks last Monday, and next Saturday's our JC Gathering so I must go...die die also must go! These kind of bonds, are not the kind to drop and forget. Right? ;) hehe..

Anyway... all saying this, I am thinking of today's sermon at church. Fr. Greg made a very loud opening to say, that we should not be superstitious during this Chinese New YEar, and encouraged us to believe in "GOD" who will bless us and we don't need to be afraid of so many things (as with superstitions). Yah, i totally agree. Today we then heard about Jonah, who was called to preach a warning message from God to the Ninevites (the city of Nineveh). Mishaps befell him when he refused to do so and ran away from God, but God was actually very patient, and was waiting for him to turn back and fulfill his calling. In the end, he obeyed and did God's will, and so the city of Nineveh heard the message and was saved. I began to think... if I were Jonah, what would I do? I think i would have done the same thing. Run away in a boat.... And i don't even know if i would repent and finally get out and go forth. OH dear.. I am really looking forward to Jessica's SHAPE workshop next week, which will help us discover our purpose, our calling for ministry and what we are really suited to do for effective ministry in God's church. I would like that, at this time where I have been a bit jaded and feeling full of routine and not so excited anymore.

Next, I was thinking of bloggin so many things it's not enough to write it all. I wanted to blog about things that I think are important to me but now i'm going to chicken out.. maybe let me just put in some pictures.. haha..


Beautiful sunset view from my house.

At the Singapore Children's Society centre at Bedok North!


A cool tree that looks like a heart shape!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908