Friday, April 22

When I hurt



When I am "invisible" - when everyone expects things will be done. When no one comes to support. When I email important news and there is no response. When I ask for some passion for ministry to care for members, and I don't know whether the words have disappeared into thin air. When I do the work because no one else is doing. When the things I put time into gets ridiculed or passes by without anyone noticing. When the room is dirty and I do the sweeping and people just walk over unknowingly with their shoes. When people litter our youth room and expect someone to clean it up. When I try to be punctual. When I try to never miss one meeting. When I try to shift my own appointments just to be able to turn up at all the events - and others can simply say, sorry, i forgot.


Isaiah 49:1-6 ©

Islands, listen to me, pay attention, remotest peoples.
The Lord called me before I was born, from my mother’s womb he pronounced my name.
He made my mouth a sharp sword, and hid me in the shadow of his hand. He made me into a sharpened arrow, and concealed me in his quiver.

He said to me, ‘You are my servant (Israel) in whom I shall be glorified’;
while I was thinking, ‘I have toiled in vain, I have exhausted myself for nothing’;
and all the while my cause was with the Lord, my reward with my God.

I was honoured in the eyes of the Lord, my God was my strength.
And now the Lord has spoken,
he who formed me in the womb to be his servant,
to bring Jacob back to him, to gather Israel to him: ‘It is not enough for you to be my servant, to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back the survivors of Israel;
I will make you the light of the nations so that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.’.

1 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Blogger Smuggitarius said...

Sometimes you will feel momentarily, that is a thankless job, but time will tell, that your contribution has made a diffence!

At the same time, a website that echos my sentiment says "Though we may never know the impact we have had or the scope of our influence, accepting and understanding that our attitudes and choices will affect others can help us remember to conduct ourselves with grace at all times. When we seek always to be friendly, helpful, and responsive, we effortlessly create an atmosphere around ourselves that is both uplifting and inspiring."

You never know whose life you are affecting, big or small.

I guess your post is a reminder for us not to take others for granted!

Happy Easter Monday in advance !

Pauline

(Ref: http://sharelife.wordpress.com/2011/04/21/spreading-your-light-2/)

 

Post a Comment

Back to Home >>


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908