Monday, November 8

Carl Jung and the Self

Just a few more days!!! 3 more papers - tmrw, wed and next tues. Then I'm FREE!!!!

Just 5 mins ago I wanted to write an awful blog to complain about how I feel so lost and lousy and down and blah blah blah... but well.. i stared at it for rather long and felt that... I'm being narcississtic again and self-centered. YEah well... its the preoccupation with the self again. What to do... reading Carl Jung for the paper called "Creativity and Arts as Therapy" tmrw (I LOVE THIS SUBJECT) and he writes all about the Persona, Ego, Shadow, Animus, Anima and the Self. Hahaa.. okay i'm speaking rubbish to many of u i guess....

Anyway, he created the theory on personality - Extravert vs Introvert, Sensing vs Intuiting, Thinking vs Feeling.... I'm not a very strong personality, i'm somewhere in the middle for all. But it seems recently that I've moved more to a INFP side. Interesting because I used to be ESTP in JC.

Anyways, personalities change, and we can develop them as we grow (or leave them undeveloped!) BUt well the preoccupation with the self can be good for a person - developmental - but it can also be stifling, as I am feeling now. Like I keep asking myself, who am I? What will I do in future? Which job is best for my personality? Blah blalh Blah...

IT's seriously called "worrying". And God didn't want us to worry.... 1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

So well, I shld move on. I think no psychologist and no philosopher can truly give us the answers we really need. We can only say, "Man is limited." Our knowledge is limited. We can only try to explain why we feel this way, and why we feel that way...because of repressed wishes locked in our unconscious (Freud).. ETC... But who can give us the real comfort? Even if I knew that I was feeling lousy because when I was young, this happened, that happened, WHO WILL COMFORT ME? I think only God can. Really.

Will friends know? Sometimes I don't even know what is bothering me. But I know only God can. And only He knows what I really need. He searches the depths of our hearts and knows us better than we do.

And if my friends, if you read this and find how come Sam is feeling this way, pls ignore it because it's something personal anyway.. ironic as it it. I just feel lots of inner conflict at this moment with thoughts, feelings, which I can't place into proper context and can't understand. I bet all ppl feel that way at times... or issit just me going mad. hahaa

Carl Jung talks about people being "whole" when they have been through self-realization. His notion is that only you are in union with your Self - through self realization - you are whole. And the Self consists of your innermost desires and feelings. RATHER, it should be when you are in union with God's Spirit in you, then you are whole.

NB: (When our spirits are in union with God's Spirit, we find our true identity in Christ.... SEE THIS ONLINE BOOK: What does God think of me now? http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/ds/q0604/ )

I don't quite support Jung's theories coz they're the basis for New Age Movement today!

Nevertheless...some of them make so much sense (on a natural level) I just feel a need to find out my innermost feelings...sometimes I feel so devoid of feelings.... and so this preoccupation with self...

and so Right now I'm just blogging and complaining. And I realised, OOPS, that I have actually written out a whole long awful mail anyway!



My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908