Saturday, March 4

NTU String Orchestra's Journey 2006

Yesterday was the day of my life....

More like today. After a really cool night out with the String buddies... i am still awake and haven't even got one wink of sleep.

Why? Too much adrenaline pumping me up...

Firstly, one thing completed.. and my mind's now racing with ideas for the next session tonight at Youth Arise Ministry.

Meanwhile, about Journey 2006:

I've always admired music groups like Band, where members come faithfully and are so devoted to the practices. In all my history, I've yet to see that in String ensemble. We were always short of members, or had trouble maintaining a sense of belonging or discipline.

Yet today at Journey, I'm filled with the hope that the NTU String Orchestra is beginning to develop signs of a place where people return to because they feel belonged. I certainly do. And it's a tremendously pleasant feeling. To know that you have friends there - who know you - whom you can count on and call out when you're bored, stressed, free, tired, whatever.

And it's really fun how there's a place to play music and enjoy together with people who have the same love for music. That sense of belonging. It's certainly there now.

And i'm just so happy. I'm up way through tonight... can't sleep.. happy. Happy happy. Excited. It's like.. i wish i had gone back earlier for the practices.. so that firstly i could master the songs better.. (was faking through a LOT!). Now it's ended so soon!

But it's so amazing.. after each concert (Last year and this year) everyone talks about how or what we should do for Next Year's concert. Such amazing energy, atmosphere and attitude.

If this kinda attitude exists in the youth ministry, it would be a dream come true.



Pictures to come soon!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908