Sunday, March 5

A typical sunday....

I've not blogged much about my day-to-day stuff, so this will be about a day in my life.. in particular, today!

Early morning 9am, mum dad and I set out for our driving practice in Dad's car.. we go up and down ECP and even up to Mountbatten. I'm quite steady and in fact, a little too fast. But the thing is,.. it's because I don't know how much to slow down.. to me it feels fine.. oh dear. Mum takes over halfway around Nicoll Highway-National stadium carpark area.. and Dad asks her to drive back to ECP. She freeks out but we persuade her to try.. heheh.. so funny.

Then, back at ECP, another leisurely drive up and down and we finally settle at East Coast Lagoon for brunch. We saw a BINGO-lookalike.. only fatter and younger! 2 half years old. Dad was so happy playing with it.. which makes me wonder.. should we get another dog???

Looking at the new cable ski at the lagoon makes me wonder.. when am i going to ever pick up wakeboarding? it's the coolest sport ever.. i so must must must try it one day.. one day.. time does not permit at the moment. Well people say, if you want it, there's always time. Yah. So then there's so many things i'm Already doing filling up those time. Like at YAM, if i want change, i can do it... YAH. TIME. so then.

Then it's back home - it's around noon.. and i start doing the YAM e-newsletter.. a bi-weekly update for my youth ministry pple. At the same time, I also am downloading anime.. heh.. and I watch latest Naruto episode 174 and Black Cat 18. Naruto episode sucks.. but Black cat's is cool... Then I get drowsy and go for a nap...

When i wake up it's already late. and i rush for my 4pm appointment with Marlene, Jac & Krish.. We meet to discuss about ministry, our first time doing such personal feedback sessions. Maybe not exactly first ever, but first with Jac & Marlene. So then.. Jac and I start reminiscing about VJC days... coz Krish is an old VJ guy as well. hehe.. Well, we're at Haagen Daz just near Holy Fam (so i can go to Mass easily).. and as usual, enjoying some lovely desserts.

Then i go for mass at 6pm sharp... almost being late.. yikes. It's refreshing.. i like Fr. Aloysius Ong! Anyway, at masses at Holy Fam, I always have the cynical feeling that says --- I wonder if people are really listening, absorbing, hungry for God, or are they just coming for the sake of coming. Today, i didn't have those nagging cynicisms. Either i'm at peace, or I'm just lacking the fire or my vision of seeing revival in the church.

True enough, I do see a passion for doing the works like stuff in YAM, but somehow i find a little lag/sag in the vision that I have to see change in the hearts of church-goers. That evangelistic bit. Maybe it's been too hard. and too impossible? For now, I'll just let it be in His Time.

As i 'preached' during session yesterday to the YAM members, God says it's possible where man says it's impossible!

Well, we meet Aunt Theresa at mass, so we go off for dinner. It's a pleasant one and we troop home happily later. Then we find Dad's old car's back window pane cracked into bits!! It's a funny sight! We rationalise that it's not someone trying to play punk, but the result of the afternoon heat after all. Poor dad,.. more money for repairs. Cars are expensive stuff.

Meanwhile... i'm back home and i continue where i left off for YAM E-newsletter. It's too hard.. the formatting goes haywire when i transfer the html file into the yahoo compose mail box. After a long time of testing with sending and correcting my codes, I finally decide to do a short one with simply just links. Then from there, people can click into the website.

Which is why i'm so glad i bought my own server space. I'm so happy. Finally this area has moved. I can set up my own websites in future.. it's just coming.. coming.

So then.. now it's 1215am. Officially day over. I'm now helping my mama penny to transfer songs into a MP3 player. It's for her friend. Doesn't know how to operate it. Oh dear. no comments. Mum doesn't even dare to touch other buttons besides clicking on the 'shortcut' to her hotmail email. So then.. no more comments. I don't think i'm entirely gadget savvy myself.. i haven't even got a MMS phone!

So now my next conquest is going to be a phone!!!

Yup.. so then.. this is my day. And tomorrow.. work starts again.. But i always feel like i've been having a week-long of holiday.. so many things. Yet never enough.

Oh yeah.. another bizzarre comment.. i realise i do like Lush99.5FM!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908