Friday, May 4

The labour was not in vain

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. - 1 Corinthians 15:58

When the apostle Paul tells us to fully work unto the Lord, he does not mean we must be working as missionaries in "full-time Christian effort." He understands that all of life is holy and sacred to God. If our motive is to serve God where we are, then our labor "in the Lord is not in vain." (OS HILLMAN, Daily Devotional 3 May)

What am I getting at?

The Ensemble. The OLPS Ensemble. I really believe this labour was not in vain. Although it began like 2005 with a rocky start and it was 'left' into my hands,.. I am so proud of God who really let the group grow over the year and have at least a bunch of committed members today. This is already an achievement to me.. and a proof that 1 Corinthians 15:58 is true - that our labour for the Lord is not in vain.

That everything we lift up to God in prayer will be answered. I prayed long ago for NTU String (which is in good hands now) and then OLPS Ensemble. I also lifted up my service in the OLPS Youth web and SACCRE-youth.org website and now they're being passed on to good (if not better) hands.

I am so glad. It also proves to me that God can really use anybody and that I am not indispensable.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908