Thursday, April 5

On the path to perdition or salvation?

It's maundy thursday today, and we go for the church-visiting. Went with dad & mum to OLPS, Holy Fam, and the city churches. Lucky to meet YAM along the way at our last stop at St. Joseph church. That was sweet!

Well, along the way, I brightened up visibly... and was obviously more chatty in the car at the end of the day. Before that, when we started our journey, i was feeling a bit black. I was wondering whether we're doing this because of an annual obligation. But well, obligation or not, at least we do this. At least there's some form of reverence for the Lord. Whatever way my parents want to contemplate their faith and relationship with God, I should not be too uptight about it and rather, pray and lift it up to God.

Today was actually a day of extremes. At work --- I arrived late at 10am! Went to buy some books for a survey prize and took like a 2hr break out of office! And my marketing director commented on my "Business Plan" for the online communities saying that it was better than he thought it would be (haha.. that goes to my extreme ability to crap and write really long stuff - i shoud write reports instead of short copy!)

ANother good thing is - I've finally developed my photos since October 2006 last year. 467 pieces altogehter! Whopping $96 bucks on developing alone - and another $30 for albums. But that's quite cheap already.

Been trying to rally people to midsummer's night dream and Phantom of the Opera. Another hole in pocket.

Then what next - the horror of the day - my phone fell into the Toilet!!! Ok it was clean!!! oh well.. now trying to save the numbers of everyone - typing it out painfully into a word document. Seesh. But i went looking at some new phones today... looks really nice.. i want a slim phone next... ;)

I've so much to say in this article - The latest Meiji Noir Venezuela Blend Chocs are very nice!!! I've got 1 box today just to relax and enjoy with.

At Art class - I'm painting SACRE COEUR - a tourist spot and church in France - which my art friend calls 'Taj Mahal'! It's really CHALLENGING!! How do you paint a white building? No.. not simply white and shadows, but you'll have to use a tinge of pink, orange, yellow, blue, purple.. etc etc etc etc... gosh... i really dun get it!!! & How to do the details (without being too fussy and perfectionist) - or 'niao' as my teacher calls it. Ahhhhh...

Meanwhile,.. finally back to my topic of this post which i shall end off with -- I quote from an article I read today:

There is a clearly marked way to salvation, back from the path to perdition. The ‘fear of God’ is the biblical door that stands at the beginning of the path back to God because it describes the necessary attitude and frame of mind needed to get reality back into proper focus.

This fear of the Lord - or rather, reverent Awe - is something that I believe, will propel people to deeper contemplation of the Lord. But what will propel people to service? Is it only some that are called? Or is it that everyone is called but that some are ignorant or choose not to follow this calling?

Actually God's 'mission' (to spread the Good News) is for EVERYONE who professes to be a christian. So then, everyone is called to christianity and thus, this mission. But my heart aches and ponders - why is it that even christians/catholics are so lukewarm about it? This divide, this gap, I cannot bear. It's heart-wrenching. Sometimes, I feel this pain because of that 'spiritual schizophrenia' that we have. One side church-goer - one side a worldly person - where's the witness? Where's the true life examples?

I ask this because I too am faced with that. Lack of life examples. Even I myself don't think I'm the best... I also am worldly at times... As much as I try to serve in church. But of course, perhaps I'm simply more conscientious at my 'calling' and passion in church. That's all. But all are sinners. We are all the same - all alike - in need of God's salvation. So then... why don't peole run to God? Why do we run away? this question, i ask myself too. It's easy to say run to Him, but our actions state otherwise. So then, are we really moving towards salvation or just sitting on the fence? Either way, it's our choice - that's why God is patient and waits for us to come back to him.

In that sense - God is truly faithful - and Man is truly the unfaithful one - the one who disobeys - and the one who needs to humble himself and return to the Father.

Happy Good Friday & Happy Easter!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908