Sunday, September 30

Latest rantings

Things I wanna be doing in many years time:
- Still playing the violin
- Still being up-to-date with String
- re-discover a confident and extroverted nature of myself
- Find love?
- Still be doing art
- Visiting the world
- Writing something

For now.. maybe... i could...
- be an online e-newsletter freelance designer!
- take a diploma cert in violin
- enter into a new orchestra?

Anyway, it's been a generally up-hill month, i've been rising up to a few challenges here and there especially with a new situation in OLPS Youth - taking up a new post in the Youth Comm.

It's calling me also to re-look into my place in YAM and consider letting go. I don't think I could handle 2 things at one go without being partially favorable to either.

Now the web course has officially ended, but i am now stuck with TWO Projects! From module 2 and 3. YEs i haven't completed the 2nd project and now the 3rd has arrived too... I took more than 5 weeks and I didn't manage to complete it. Only did a bit when I actually took 4 days leave from work. Can you believe that?

Anyway, I have re-discovered my love for String tonight. After the Journey 2007 concert, and with me being angry for not being notified earlier (we only got the news this week for this Saturday's concert), i realised how passionate I am for this cause. The String ensemble has been a home and my 'baby' since NTU even VJ days.. that's some 7 years already! Just like YAM ministry.

If there is a possible slot in time, I will definitely go back for practices at all cost. This is a great passion in my life and I must not give it up for anything else, even youth ministry! Of course, to say this treads on dangerous ground. Who knows anyone hearing this may mis-interpret me. But what i'm saying is simply, I love string to bits!!!!!!!!

The music can bring you into another land. The challenge of mastering the violin - lasts for eternity. And feeling when everyone plays in harmony is simply euphoric. Bliss.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908