Wednesday, April 1

DMC Rocks.. Kenichi!!



Haha... watched this superb funny movie tonight... of course, in all things jap, it is a typically only-the-japanese-can-pull-this-off kind of movie... called Detroit Metal City. With Kenichi Matsuyama acting (L in deathnote) in this totally "uncool" role of geeky Negishi-san... i was just wondering how successful he'd be - and it turns out... haha.. not too bad.. Still uncool in the nerdy get up.. but suiting the role well enough.. awhahhaa.. BUT I STILL PREFER L!!!!!

Anyway... the movie was 'ironic'. While I can spot out so many warped values in the movie it still does not fail to entertain and make you laugh all the way, or just cringe at those all too exaggerated bits. ok for one... i just have to ask this one big question... "How does death metal enable one to dream?"

Aside, the movie does make me think deeper and that is what I like about these movies... it's always the Japanese movies that have this ability to be creative, wacky yet have some kind of meaningful message. The message for me, is simply that it is easy to lose our dreams. We can operate behind a mask, a painted face.... doing our daily things for the sake of survival. But if we accept this "mission" or whatever you can call it - job, role, title, position, lot in life --- we will be able to be happier people, and doing our job well, will be able to achieve success.

All in all, I like this movie and I betcha, Kenichi's silly looking face will be in my mind for a while now...

oh gosh..

Here's a wonderful review - for those who may not be seeing the show (may have spoilers)
http://anutshellreview.blogspot.com/2009/03/detroit-metal-city.html

Kenichi as L:


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908