Friday, March 13

Positive Thinking

Philippians 4:8 - Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

Finally, I have to admit that this bible verse still rings true. I'd been 'testing' God. Trying to make a (silly) stand, that it doesn't matter, what we think.

But it is true and even if this is NOT in the bible, communication/positive-thinking gurus will definitely tell you that "You Are What You Think" and that it is still true, that we ought to think positive in all circumstances.

Sometimes, it is a courage to think positive. Sometimes it is painful.

It is easy to wallow in negativity, and sometimes fun to be depressed.

I seriously was testing God. In my last few months, I have heard this bible verse, even recalled it out of the blue one day, but my thought then, was "So WHAT?" almost defiantly.

But today I just reflect... that actually, why does God say this in the bible? Is it because my faith is all about goodie-two-shoes-kinda people? NO... It is to bring us FREEDOM.

It is FREEDOM to think positive, to think of GOOD, true, right, pure, praiseworthy, things.

For Our thoughts lead to our mindsets, our dispositions. It influences our mood. It creates our 'day'. Good day or Bad day, it's all in the mind.

THE MIND is powerful.

And so as I finally "yielded" and began to agree to that thought, ... I began to truly SEE Things....

This week, I read about students committing suicide, killing others, the doctor who decided to end his life. I listened to Daddy talk about politics and war and all other stuff... and for once, I had the feeling of seeing out of the box.

The box of me, myself, and I. MY world and my feelings. MY wants and my desires.

For once, it departed.

For once, I felt really free this week!

For that, I began singing praise to God this week.

Amazing how the "seasons of life" operate. Things change in our walk in life, if we hang on and continue just walking day by day, seeking what is Good.

Have a good weekend!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908