Thursday, April 30

More Little Rants!

Wow... it's 11:47pm, I just came back home around 11pm today.. still have not packed for my retreat tomorrow morning at 9:00am! gosh... it's even earlier than work (considering i have to travel to Jurong!).... ok it's been an eventful day, or few days this week.. why? read on:

- Funny how my office buddies (yah not colleagues) keep saying i "zi-high" this week... aka get high on my own.... true enough, i'm really more relaxed this week... maybe coz I did what i had to do and kinda decided to take it easier this week. But truly, when one is more relaxed, it is easier to laugh...

- Went to join the St. Ignatius charismatic prayer session (practice session) on Tuesday nite. Wanted actually to discuss Korea trip but in the end, i ended up playing piano (jamming to it!) for their practice (their prayer meet is on Wednesdays).... and joining for supper... we were treated to fantastic hospitability - our host, Rose, bought pizzas and pasta for us, and literally fed us... though we already had dinner. She lives in Six avenue. So while i was admiring her house... and wondering how can people be 'so rich'... I also had to remind myself, that people worked their way up and really really worked hard. Compared to me... pretty slack ;) ANyway... that night, I also got a little sponsorship from her for the accomodation at Korea. Wow.. i felt so loved, so cherished, so precious, so wonderful, so thankful, even though i did not need it, she gave it... what trust, what magnanimousity (correct sp?)... In other words, so blessed. I told her, maybe God has a reason for bringing us there... to the St. Ignatius group. For one, I am not able to commit for long terms, but i love playing violin. Maybe they will call me to play more in future on wednesdays when there's no jap class. MAYBE i am going to end up with one more commitment added to the plate. But i just trust in God. It's not that i want the money. It's just something really compelling about accepting her love and support. I just think this lady is a lady of faith. My god-mother / aunt is also called Rose. Maybe something clicked. Heh. Rose. I like Roses too.

- Humility. Today I reflect how everything we do reflects some kind of love of Self. But I have found, in the past few days, that it is through the emptying of one's self, that we actually find peace and find God. To do so, we need to be humble enough to tell God that we are wrong, that we need Him, and that we can't walk the walk alone.

Some shorter rants cos i am tired and have things to do:
- I can't wait to see my paper tole framed up!
- I am crazily learning japanese... nihongo wa dai dai dai suki desu!!!!
- Coz of the korea trip, i wanna learn some simple korean sentences too!
- I am dreading Korean food though.
- Want to just tour Seoul, then shall be happy. Not be too ambitious.
- Happiness, is for us to decide. We decide which level we are happy at. For me, why I am happy, it is because I do the things that make me happy.
- I get angry at times for lousy reasons and i need to keep myself in check.
- I am tempted to laze the weekend away. But must not miss this retreat that I decided to go for.
- Love is a powerful force.
- The Love of LIfe is also a powerful force.
- Love of people is a super powerful force.
- Love of God is a supernatural force.
- I am convinced that what was prayed for me last weekend is true. THe message for me was (one of it) -- that all things are possible. This week? I am so secure... not worried for anything in the world... this kind of feeling... i don't know how to ever explain to anyone. It's just like ultimate...

ok.. that's all... i believe i'm also 'high' now... ;) ok ok ... it's the long weekend.. Happy May Day! ;)

For all our work and toil, it's time to relax!

READ one of my favourite books of the bible: Eccleciastes Chapter3
http://www.catholic.org/bible/book.php?id=25&bible_chapter=3


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908