Monday, April 20

Paper Toling & YAM core team mtg

See my little snow angel! Almost completed! Now just awaiting the last step - varnish & frame...



And i am now wondering -- where to get scores for the iljimae soundtrack!???? it's lovely!!!

track 1 Lonely Footsteps


track 2 A Flower's Message


Track 10 - Plum Blossoms


A wonderful YAM core team mtg yesterday: Meanwhile, yesterday we finally got together to have dinner, then we proceeded to visit Sury's new house, where we shared and catched up with each other and prayed for each other as well as our members. This really got me settled, despite so much work to be done, i don't have to be stressed, and can trust in God.

Today, i had also did a major spring cleaning of all YAM's files from 2001 to today 2008... (can't believe i'm such a karang-guni). It was a major journey for me down memory lane, as I remembered all the planning we did for our camps in 2001, 2002, 2003, etc... I wonder, i was in Uni year 1 then, all the way till now, how did I manage to stick on man! And while some people lament that at 19 years old, they are still "to young" to take on leadership, I just cackle at the thought,... since I joined and started already in that place. It was tough, and I had to learn through being in it right from the start. So... I just wonder, why complain? If you serve, serve God with all your heart... be radical, be bold... you are an instrument of God...

Through reflecting on my journey "through the years", I can also see, on hindsight, how much growth I've been through. God really brings us through our ups and downs, and in a community, in YAM, there are friends to share the journey. When I am up, I am able to comfort someone who is down, and when I feel down, there is someone to push me on... That is really comforting, no one has to seek God alone. Our journey is made in a community!

Yesterday as we prayed, the word for me was that if I would lift up my prayers to God with a pure heart and intention, God will see it through. It will be done. Just like Solomon. Read "The Prayer of Solomon" Interestingly, did you know my parents had wanted to name me "solomon" if i came out a boy? lucky i got Samantha though.. whahaahah

And so, I will hold fast to this message, and wait and see. I will seriously wait and see and pray hard upon this...


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908