Thursday, April 16

Crazy Flutes

Today, i was curious and went reading up on various things.. the different types of japanese folk instruments, including korean, as well as the difference in architecture between japanese, chinese and korean... and it's pretty interesting! I'd been wondering for ages what is that particular flute-like instrument that always plays in those traditional chinese, japanese, songs and if i'm not wrong, it could be the 'ocarina'.. in japanese, it would be tsuchibue, korean - Hun and in Chinese - the Xun. Interesting eh? Then again, the sound could be the japanese bamboo flute (Shakuhachi)... or the pan-flute.. haha watch this totally incredible - carrot pan flute:



Well, along the way... I came across one of my favourite anime-japanese songs...Kataritsugu Koto... which shows me why I will be damn bad with Karaoke -- now you hear this and tell me how to sing this! whahahaha..


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908