Tuesday, July 21

The lamp-post

I had accidently knocked the car bumper into the lamp post at church last Sat. And can you believe it, I was really worried. I did not want to see dad's angry face.

Today, the lamp-post is taken down, being repaired I reckon.

And when I reflect on why this silly mistake has to happen, I think i can only say, that God wants to teach me that: "there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1) -- because I was so worried, to be condemned by my dad (by seeing his angry face and remarks) - but when I told him, he was amazingly calm and quiet.

Also, I was not asked to pay for the damages or anything. So, it's like... God's forgiveness, is free. Anyone can be forgiven.

For this example, I can get a pretty tangible experience of the greatness of God's mercy and forgiveness. I think, this could be my story to tell... should I come across someone who needs to hear it in the future!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908