Thursday, June 25

My Rock of Refuge

Today I'm struck by the feeling that there is no security in life. Even if you'd been doing well, anything can go wrong. Health can drop at any moment, no one knows. People die at any moment also.

I just got an allergic rash over Monday-Tuesday due to the paint fumes at work. Saw a doc and promptly got knocked out by the very strong "drowsy" medicine that I was given... so Wednesday was gone. And now thursday has gone and almost passing.

And what Have I achieved? More work accomplished.... but lasting happiness? Maybe... if my work gave me happiness... but besides everything I just have the thought that I STILL am unfulfilled.

I've done a music practice on Mon Night, for the Mass on Tues night. All was wonderful and well. Had good sleep on wednesday due to the rash. Also good to catch up on sleep. Today, just did my East District Youth Day meeting for the publicity team. More work still to be done tonight, like contacting various people on the status of the participants and their T-shirt orders, etc etc. Ok that's still manageable.

Maybe there's some work that I can't do and really have to push to following week. Things like the "hobbies" like I missed Jap lesson this week due to sleeping in..... and have my paper toling "hw" to do -- cutting some new photos... and I still have OLPS e-newsletter that I have committed to do (on my own).

It's like plenty of to-dos. I'm not scared of it any longer. I just plan my time faithfully and everything will get done sometime or other.

The point of it all is that ---- amidst all this doing, I must always remember my rock, my purpose, my centering ground. For me, that is my faith, which is WHY i am doing all that I am doing. For goodness sake, I am the most craziest person on earth I think, to be so heavily involved the way I am. But then again, I have to reiterate that on my own strength, I really could not do this. I would have burnt out maybe last month, if not for the wonderful trip to Kkottongnae, which I believe, gave me spiritual strength and a renewed perception on how to handle my workload.

Today I can at least say that Jesus is my Rock of Refuge!

1 month ago,.. maybe I would say that but my heart would be pretty heavy while saying so. Get the difference ;)

And thus.... My song for today is: Rock of Refuge (Gary Sadler)
Lyrics:

You're my Rock of Refuge
The shelter of my life
My merciful companion
My comfort in the night
Though my heart falls hard
Still Your love stands guard
O Lord You are my Rock of Refuge

And I run to You
And You hold me close
You hide me under Your shadow
Yes I run to You it's so good to know
O Lord You are my Rock of Refuge

You're my Rock of Refuge
The calm within my storm
A secret place of safety
My barrier from harm
When eyes are tears
Through the worst of fears
O Lord You are my Rock of Refuge

O Lord You are my Rock of Refuge
O Lord You are my Rock of Refuge

Listen here: YahooMusic


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908