Sunday, May 17

RCIA - the beginning. My first session.

Today, I feel a new passion for sharing my faith. Joined the RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) for the first time as a sponsor (the person who journeys with the enquirer - aka the person who is interested to learn about the catholic faith).

So then, somewhere thru the night, I got asked this question... Does God talk to you? I said yes, sometimes.... and the whole point was that God must have spoken to us sometime or other, via a thought, an inspiration, or so forth.

And that reminded me about how I decided to join RCIA. It's definitely not my own strength but God who put me here. Coz why would I join yet another thing (that will last from now till next year!!) if it is going to take up even more time? As of now, i am busy till the brim as it already is! So why?

Here's why. A month plus ago.... during one of our sat night suppers, Marlene was joking when she said, "Sam, you go sponsor peter lah,.. blah blah blah" and i was just laughing along, but something inside clicked... I thought, "hey, actually.. yeah, why not?" Coz all along, I've been telling people that my passion for ministry, is because I want people to know about Christ. So when Marlene joked that, something inside just went... yeahhhhh... that sounds like it.

So I believe that is God's way of speaking in my heart. Cos, somehow, I just knew it. In the following weeks, as I pondered over that thought, gradually, I was more and more excited about it. So then, I asked Peter if he was looking for a sponsor and he said yes, and i said i can sponsor him and we said, ok let's go for it.

So here marks my first session at one of the homes in Siglap tonight. Wonderful. Friendly. So much community, food and it's lovely to make friends with so many people. I felt the pace is a bit slow, but maybe that's coz i know it already! Hhaha...

It's really nice to Give. Somehow, when you give, you know that the joy that you receive is worth more than anything else a hundred times. So tonight, I am rich indeed!

Feeling like a king! (or shld i say, queen).


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908