Tuesday, May 12

Last Friends!

aHHHH remember i was talking about ueno juri in my last post. What's up since then is that I managed to catch another drama she acted in, called "Last Friends". Man... this is fabulous... got me rooted for all my time at home,... man, this is addictive... don't ever go to my.soju. Wahha..

Anyway, this drama is about issues. Yes,... issues. It's not easy to watch through the whole thing and you've gotta be able to withstand some parts like how michiru keeps going back to the person she loves though he is violent and abuses her... u know... we tend to think, how stupid... but this is precisely what the show tries to portray... issues like these are not easy to solve.

So there are 5 main people in this drama, and each person represents one issue - love, contradiction, liberation, agony and loneliness. If you want to know more, just watch the show.

For me, this is cathartic. It's like, sometimes life is coated with sugar and sweet, and life is all so straightforward and peaceful. Somehow, it's funny how we need a balance of everything... when things are nice and smooth, we go looking for danger, or challenge, and vice versa. Although.. this statement is really ironic, coz i'm still "in a peaceful place" right infront of my computer! .... that's why it is 'cathartic'.

Anyway, the truth is... I am watching cos of Ueno Juri. She acted in Nodame Cantabile, one of my most liked j-dramas before, and she's here too, acting as a girl facing gender-identity-condition. Mind me if i rant abit... but she is really cool and i am a new fan!!!! Wahahahah!

Ok i am not gender-confused... but i'd like to wonder, to understand, to find healing.

I think this drama portrays the issues faced by the 5 people, ever so poignantly... it's so typical of japanese shows. So polite, so rich in meaning. They almost never come to the point at times... but you somehow, get the point (well, if it's lousy show, you probably won't get the point) haah.

Well, i like it. I see bits of myself in the show. I say this abstractly. For example, i'll be thinking, if i were living in the 'sharehouse'... what would I be like? Would i be like eri? ruka? michiru? or takeru? or what if i knew a person like michiru? or so forth.

The show is filled with drama, not like my usual everyday boring life.... and so the angst, sadness, and pain that I am watching... kinda balances life... oh dear, what is this!?!

I guess, deep inside of us, there are all issues. We all have our own issues don't we? It just reminds me that I am human. I am blessed that I don't have big issues, but not that I have none. No one has nothing to hide, no one is transparent, no one is totally open to everyone they meet. We all have our darkest secrets, our darkest hurts,... so forth... and so as i call it -- our issues! ;) (Sorry... just finished the last ep... still in the 'mood' of the show.. wahahaaa)

And so.. That's why, i really like this drama...



Last Friends NGs... heheheaaa


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908