Wednesday, February 10

Nice Daily Devotional on Phil3:13-14

Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3: 13-14

Today, through Christ, we can find the ability to place the past behind us and reach for a new beginning with Him. God's mercy is greater than we can many times comprehend. Once we can learn to receive it, we will find it much easier to extend it towards others. The hurts we have suffered in the past, leave emotional wounds and sometimes even scars. Yet if we are willing to make the choice to forgive others, and even possibly ourselves, forgetting those things which are already done and moving towards the new challenges God has for us, we will find the strength and the courage to press on. Forgetting is easy, when we keep our eyes focused on what lies ahead, instead of constantly reliving the past. God has new plans for our lives, they are great and perfect plans, but we will never lay hold of them, if we remain stuck in the past.

Prayer

Today is a brand new day, filled with Your mercy. Yesterday is gone; I can’t change anything about it. Enable me to move forward and embrace the new things You desire to bring into my life. Give me the strength and courage to keep pressing on, focusing my attention on You and what lies ahead. Amen.

SOURCE: http://www.wdcyouth.org/gm_home/index.aspx


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908