Tuesday, January 26

Youth Ministry Boldness

Those who work in youth ministry must throw off mediocrity and be filled with a "pastoral passion" to announce the message of Christ to young people in ever-new ways, says Cardinal Stanislaw Rylko.

This statement makes me ponder. How much have I been working with a passion and boldness that will really change and touch lives, or have I settled into a happy daily drum and hum each week in and out?

Sometimes we are limited. To really change lives of others, I myself might have to change. That comes the crunch. Can we change in order to have others change? If no one changes our ways, nothing will change isn't it?

Am I ready to get down on my knees to pray, really pray for others? Am I ready to love others till my heart hurts? Am I ready to forgive every time someone badmouths me or am I ready to hang in there even though I seem to be wasting precious time and years of my life?

I don't know.

But since my heart strings keep on tugging at me, I believe this is where my heart is calling me and that it is right.

Then again, no one knows, but only "heaven knows"... a typical statement, but I read a daily devotional today that said something like this: ultimately our hearts are free when we are in Christ... because that was what we were created for. IF we find freedom elsewhere we might not be happy still.

Well, I found freedom and joy in knowing that I have found Christ. I think I just have to be bolder in living it out in my life. Therefore, all I can do now is to trust in Him and walk along with Him patiently.

Embed this video again:


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908