Monday, January 18

2 dreams which tell me things I never knew!

Today I log down 2 interesting dreams I had over the weekend!

Sat 16 Jan
- Dreamt I was on a holiday to Australia. Our tourguide took us on a out-of-control whirlwind bus-ride to our destination. When we alighted, we were at a wonderful paradise-like area with water and rock formations around (a bit like little guilin) - and we were supposed to be swimming. We swam but as I am scared of fish touching me, I sprang out of the water when i felt something touch my hand. Then i saw our tour group members, out of the water, some was sick, some dare not swim. I thought, what is this? This is our chance to swim but no one is doing so. I then saw that we looked like old tourists white haired, with hats... I went back to the water which was now dried up, and saw a huge fish, but it was flapping around for lack of water. And I was still scared of the fish, thinking, what a scary looking big fish, you mean this was in the water all along?

Meaning of the dream: - I can only say that because I was going to have a youth group meeting after this, that this dream applies to us. We are are like the old tourists, sick, scared, dare not to swim in what we feel is the unknown. The fish is the harvest since we are all "fishers of men" as Jesus would have us to be, but we are scared of the "big" fish... the water is like the living waters. After a while, it gets dried up and the fish are dying... and we are still scared to go into the water.

Lesson?
Go deep, immerse ourselves in the living waters of Christ, feed the fish in our care, become fishers of men... throw away old mentality (old men/women), stop being "sick"... get alive and get into the water and SWIM and enjoy our time here for we are only here for a short while in the course of our life (like a short tour trip) and we ought to put in our most and don't let this opportunity pass! Our goal is to swim... which to me, is to bask in God's presence, and mingle with the fish in the water... (our youths...potentials)...

=======

The second dream happened this morning. I was in a team of "detectives" and we travelled back in time to try to uncover some crime/mystery that happened in the past.. I was to dress up and befriend the suspected people, and to try to uncover how "it" happened (Note, I don't know what the whole story was about but I know it was a time-travel issue and a kinda detective-style context). As I got to befriend the suspects... it didn't really seem like a crime-mystery kind of situation anymore, instead I found myself having fun with them and we even tried to take a group photo.

I don't know what kind of dream is this because I woke up tearing?? I had a very prevalent thought/voice in my head, which said,... Live in the Present (aka present time). I can't remember much now, but in my dream, i was thinking that even in the "past", I could enjoy the "present"... aka wherever we are (even if we time-travelled back to who knows where) - we are able to enjoy the moment.

It is a dream which tells me that I should live in the present, not try to think back of past events and try to "solve" it (which explains the detective) - and make new friends in my current "present" situation.

The tearing is some kind of healing process - which can be explained by inner past hurts being healed by the message "to enjoy being in the present-time.. the NOW". ;) LIVE IN THE NOW!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908