Sunday, May 23

Being a Lamb

Tonight, I was looking at some blogs of really good looking, well dressed people, and I got discouraged and asked God - is the world really about images, appearances, looking good, fab, fantastic, stylish, up-to-date, super, better than the person next to me - and is it all about being up there, with the people who are "there" and the people who have "made it" in life and so forth?

I got the answer: "I am sending you out like lambs among wolves".

A quick check on the bible and it brought me to the verse Luke 10:3 which says "Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves.." Amazingly, the talk title for the pentecost rally which is today (23rd May) is also titled "GO"! Seems the Lord is already speaking to me before I even go for the rally.

And I just reminisce about today, being empowered by listening to talks again on the spiritual life - how to pray, how to develop a personal relationship with Jesus (again)... I just think it's a weird thing - this desire to be used in ministry for the purpose of God.

And well, I read backwards to Luke 10:2 and I see this special verse which ALWAYS touches my heart: The Harvest is Plentiful but the Workers are few.... (Luke 10:2) Think about it -- I was born on 10th FEB! 10-02.. ho ho...

Ok but well, I realise that this mysterious desire to serve, is because simply that I am "called". WE are called by God to "work" in the fields, to work for "the harvest". This is simply to tell people about the Kingdom of God - aka,... the Good news.

Now then, how do we do that? I think that's where we catholics have a lot to learn. We are so bad at evangelising.

I ask God -- why is it so painful? To serve, yet be seen as silly and folly in the eyes of the world. They think we're just "churchy". They think we're just pious people. Why? HOW CAN WE SURVIVE in this cold and cruel world?

Jesus just tells me... "I KNOW... I DID NOT SURVIVE"! >>>

To this, I am touched that maybe, I was not built to "survive" but to just "enjoy" this time I have here & not be afraid of "the world", to just be with Jesus and walk with HIM...  and let Him lead me...



Your only Son
No sin to hide
But You have sent Him,
From Your side
To walk upon this guilty sod
And to become the Lamb of God

Your gift of Love
They crucified
They laughed and scorned him as he died
The humble King
They named a fraud
And sacrificed the Lamb of God

Chorus:
Oh Lamb of God, Sweet lamb of God
I love the Holy Lamb of God
Oh wash me in His precious Blood
My Jesus Christ the Lamb of God

I was so lost I should have died
But You have brought me to Your side
To be led by Your staff and rod
And to be called a lamb of God

Chorus

Oh wash me in His precious Blood
My Jesus Chris the Lamb of God


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908