Sunday, May 9

Lessons at the Adoration Room

8 May 2010 - Esther is married! Soo happy for her!

Anyway, tonight for our session at YAM (youth arise ministry) we spent 30 minutes at the Adoration room to contemplate the blessed Eucharist, which is the body and actual presence of Christ. It's been a long time since I made my way to the Adoration room, and I told God, thank you for finally getting me here, somehow!

As I continue to reflect, my mind turns to what we just heard at the YAM session, about the Eucharist and how it is the body of Christ, the Sacred Heart of God. In one miracle it was found that the bread that we often consume during Holy Communion actually turned into flesh and the wine turned into blood. Scientific research proves that the flesh was made of muscle tissue from the heart, and blood was AB (i'm that too!). So the Eucharist we have is the actual body of Christ. Without it, our church is empty.

Anyway, there was another point that made me think - Why did the apostles preach so boldly only after their pentecost experience? It is because they received "LOVE". After even 3 years journeying with Jesus, it is not enough to make them convicted. Rather, they had to experience the infilling of the Holy Spirit, their "God-Experience" --- and this was more like a receiving of God's Love - an intimate personal revelation to them that GOD IS REAL after all!

Tonight, as I sit at the adoration room, at the start my thoughts dull and gets filled with so many other thoughts, and I slowly get sleepy. But then I hear a tune "Stop in the name of love... before you.." (hahaah) and I momentarily 'wake up' and wonder whether it is my imagination... but I remind myself that God sometimes our imaginations also to speak to us, that since I'm before Jesus himself, I shall trust that it is HIM speaking to me right there!

Next, I notice the neatly placed pots of greenery & flowers in the Adoration room, and I get a thought: - That Jesus is telling me, "I go and prepare a garden for you." and He goes on to say... "What flowers do you want?"

Just think of it... it's like how I would treat my friends... I'd take joy in giving them the things that will make them happy. So Jesus is like that too?! That extremely simple realisation makes my heart pulpitate faster... A tear begins to form in my eye. I never thought of Jesus so personally, that perhaps, I don't have to do things all the time and that sometimes He would like to do things for me?

Then the next thing that happens, I started to try to 'worship' God saying "You are beautiful Lord,"... etc. But then I have this thought, like Jesus is telling me, why do I always have to worship Him, can't I let Him tell me the same thing back too? I was astounded once again.

Then finally, there is the song which goes "HE" but this time, I sense Jesus saying it all in the first-person perspective. Once again, a new way of thinking...

HE (by Richard Mullan - James Richard)
(Changing the "HE" to "I", in first-person narrative):

Jesus is saying to me...... :

"I can turn the tides and calm the angry sea
I alone decides who writes a symphony
I light every star that makes your darkness bright
I keep watch all through each long and lonely night

I still find the time to hear a child's first prayer
Saint or sinner call and always find Me there
Though it makes Me sad to see the way You live
I'll always say I forgive

I can grant a wish or make a dream come true
I can paint the clouds and turn the gray to blue
I alone knows where to find a rainbow's end
I alone can see what lies beyond the bend

I can touch a tree and turn the leaves to gold
I know every lie that you and I have told
Though it makes Me sad to see the way you live
I'll always say I forgive..."


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908