Thursday, July 8

A new dream!

I remember a new dream I had yesterday. At the start, I was in a town, but i'm a traveller also, not really a resident there but a lady came up and asked me where's the post office. I didn't really know but I tried to help her. Then turning my head, I saw it in the distance and felt rather relieved and told her, "There it is"! Apparently it's like a small post box cum flower shop selling a lot of knick knacks.

Next, I walk into a department store next to it and begin to buy 2 umbrellas coz it seems to be pouring outside (maybe just started). The lady earlier is no longer around. I wonder about how she didn't thank me (harhar). Anyway, I then walk out and seem to have used both umbrellas to shield against the heavy rain-storm. (quite reminiscent of recent weather).

Then a change of scenario in an instant -- I am now telling someone (i think my sister) something like, did you know you can walk on that path out to the ferry? It's a straight path down, rather than going around the sides.. etc. Then, I seem to be holding up a map and on the map, I can clearly see that post office, the department store and the path towards the "ferry" where I seem to have gotten out of that place (an island?).

Towards the north of that "town" was a university campus a bit like my sister's, but in the map it was referring to "Graz (Austria)" where Pauline was studying years back (hahaha)! And furthermore, on a closer look, the map showed a lot of swimming pools! Haha.. maybe I thought it was quite fun (yah, coz we visited Pauline in 2005, to have fun there!). Man, what a mish-mash of items in this dream....!

Then finally, someone (i don't know who, maybe Gavin) was now telling me that it's funny how the simpler looking item is really the most difficult (this is quite hard to explain by writing, it's very crazy, as with all my remembered dreams!).

So, now looking at some "meaning" of the symbols in this dream, it seems it leads to some conclusion - the need to wash away past troubles, be cleansed, and also the struggle dealing with emotions perhaps! Here's some symbol explanations taken from dreammoods.com that I felt did match my thoughts and feelings as I was dreaming on this:
Post Office
To dream that you are in a post office, signifies an important message from your unconscious or inner wisdom. It may relate to your need to reach out and communicate with others. Alternatively, the dream means that you are trying to maintain your beliefs or reestablish contact with someone from your past.

Umbrella
To see an umbrella in your dream, symbolizes emotional security. You are putting up a shield against your emotions and are trying to avoid dealing with them.

Path
To walk through an open path in your dream, signifies clarity of thought and peace of mind. It also symbolizes your progress. To see a blocked or windy path in your dream, denotes that you need to give serious attention to the direction you are heading in your personal and/or business life. You need to take time out to consider and rethink the consequences before acting on your choices.
(Man this was RAINY!)

Ferry
... mean that you are going through some transitional phases in your life.

Map
To see or study a map in your dream, suggests that your current life path will lead to fulfillment of your needs and realization of your goals. It also indicates that you are set on the path to self knowledge and self discovery.

Swimming Pool
To see a swimming pool in your dream, symbolizes relaxation, calmness, luxury and ease. You need to take a break. Alternatively, a swimming pool suggests that you need to acknowledge and understand your feelings. It is time to dive in and deal with those emotions. You need to cleanse yourself and wash away those past hurts.  (In this dream, it felt more like the relaxation and enjoyment part).

I think one significant part was the last part - how the simpler looking thing is actually most difficult to do. It could mean a lot of things - like the simple act of forgiveness. Or the simple act of doing the right thing. But that is just so hard to do.


Overall, I can see that in this dream, I am firstly desiring to "help someone who is lost". But after I do so, I have to weather a storm (and use 2 umbrellas haha). Then after passing this phase, I can relax and tell others of how they could have done it - and I find enjoyment (swimming pool).

OK, that's enuff for now, my latest dream analysis thus far.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908