Sunday, July 10

Do everything with Love

1 Corinthians 16:13-14 is an encouraging verse that helps give me insight again to life.
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love.

Today has been a horrid day - fighting some germs inside me I think, was wheezy, cold, hot, dehydrated, headache... and at the end of the day everything feels like crumbling. Like getting nostalgic, emo, thinking of idealistic life and what I could/should/wish to be.. and everything but being sane and happy and settled.

SO this verse helps me a lot. Instead of complaining, being a emotional wreck it stabilises me. Indeed, without God, what would we become?

At mass today, Fr. Greg mentioned a quote of Fr. Gino who spoke at the OLPS 50th triduum talks. The point, was that Parents give their children everything, but God.

I think - this is true. Therefore, I began my search for God, having tasted His reality and his awesome presence when I was aged of 17 at the YISS camp. Since then till now, it's been 12 years. What has this led me to?

Pretty much, nothing different. But perhaps, it's that inner conversion.

Now, I continue to search for true purpose and meaning in life, and find so many contradictions in my own perceptions and also the lure of the world is continuously getting louder and more distinctly different from God's ways.

It's a irony, and a real challenge - living spiritually in an unspiritual world. Where is true love, true Godly presence?

I think I am still hungry. Still hungry to be in the presence of true worshippers who worship the Lord.

Years at youth ministry in OLPS - and we're coming back to Square one, questioning our purpose and I feel that for the last 5 years, what have I done at all? Feel super lousy and super unnecessary. If it doesn't work, then why do we still bang our heads against the wall? And yet, it's like an addiction - you can't get away from the 'good' work. Now I question if this work is 'good' at all.

But despite these strong feelings, it's really part of the journey. Knowing God, I know this is not just the end - we're just in the midway through the journey.

What a journey... God...

I shall just take things easy - and do everything with love.. it's always the small things, as Mother Teresa would have it.


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908