Wednesday, December 15

The secret of happiness?

BTW.. my yesterday's blog was not entirely about me, but the accumulation of many others' as well, seems at this time lots of heartbreaks going around,... and so u have it.. my ramblings on the topic of LUrrrvvee...

Anyways, I think what excites me more is this... reading Proverbs. I had this funny idea in my head to read it (Coz i was thinking i've been lacking at reading the bible). But I couldn't sit down to read it since the weekend, and finally i'm reading it now. And it's always enlightening. I think at Church, many people are content with a mediocre level of faith and relationship with God. Who wants to go deeper? Not many. Or perhaps, they are distracted by the many things in the world. Guys, Lurvvee, Money, Fame, Being "IN", Looks.. SIgh... I apparently have no love for all of these. Won't say it is not there (I'm not a saint yet!) but I try to keep it as low as possible. Why? coz the Lord provides! I'm secure IN HIM!

Quotes from Proverbs 1 - 3:
To have knowledge, you must first have reverence for the Lord.

Whoever listens to me will have security. He will be safe, with no reason to be afraid.

Yes, beg for knowledge; plead for insight. Look for it as hard as you would do for silver or some hidden treasure. If you do, you will knwo what it means to fear the Lord and you will succeed in learning about God. It is the Lord who gives wisdom; from him come knowledge and understanding. He provides help and protection for righteous, honest men. He protects those who treat others fairly, and guards those who are devoted to him.

If you listen to me, you will know what is right, just and fair. You will know what you should do. You will become wise, and your knowledge will give you pleasure.

Righteous men - men of integrity - will live in this land of ours. But God will snatch wicked men from the land and pull sinners out of it like plants form the ground.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the Lord in everything you do and he will show you the right way. Never let yourself think you are wiser than you are; simply obey the Lord and refuse to do wrong. If you do it will be like good medicine, healing your wounds and easing your pains.

Wisdom offers you long life, as well as wealth and honor. Wisdom can make your life pleasant and lead you safely through it. Those who become wise are happy; wisdom will give them life.

Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it. Never tell your neighbour to wait until tomorrow if you can help him now.

The Lord puts a curse on the homes of wicked men, but blesses the homes of the righteous. He has no use for conceited people, but shows favour to those who are humble. Wise men will gain an honorable reputation, but stupid people will only add to their own disgrace.

And thus, herein lie the secret to a pleasant life and happiness!


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908