Thursday, July 21

Motivated Talents

I read something interesting today...

Motivation is what we LIKE to do naturally. Talent is what we DO well naturally. They can exist independently, but when they combine, they create something special. They create motivated talents.

I believe our quest in life is to search for that motivated talent.. to be in the state where we really enjoy using our our particular talent. Most of us are usually not satisfied because we either don't enjoy doing what we are doing, or we have no motivation to do what we are good at (eg. good in music, but don't do it coz it doesn't make a living).

So.. we need to have our motivations put in the right place.. behind our talents.. so that we get that MAGICAL "Motivated Talent".

In the past week since convo.. a lot has happened! I've been through the worst and the wisest of decision making, and come out a better person. Now again, doing my one-week review of my life, I'd say, I've moved so far again.

FIRSTLY... I'VE GOT A JOB! YIPPEE YAY YAY YIPPEE! Praise God it was fast, easy, and relatively exciting! I thought the job scope was great. Then I sent my resume on Sunday night, and then got a call on monday morning for interview! I didnt' have proper shoes so I went back to get them.. and went. It was good.. and the next day, they called me to say they accepted me. I took another 2 days to get back to them.. so i could think it through. I believe,. amidst insecurities and uncertainties, that I am confident in this decision. The rest remains to be seen.

And speaking of motivated talents.. I believe, that this is one step further in my interest field = web and online stuff. I always think its cool. So now at it, I am gonna give my best. I need to learn how to connect with people though, and this will be the best training ground for me.

God is good.. all the time. He is teaching me each day, how to embrace tribulations, how to live victoriously, and how to seek and depend on HIM ALONE For each step of my way. So that I don't grope in darkness, but walk on , knowing that He has walked before me. I love my saviour and I honestly believe that I am closer to Him now, when I seek him more and am less of proud of my "self" achievements and pride..

Today, HE warms my heart with this verse:
Psalms 139:23-24
"Search me, O God, and know my heart. Test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908