Friday, January 20

Rantings about office, yoga, music, god..

The mind is a mysterious thing. I wrote one whole chunk of blog just 5 mins ago, but upon reading it.. i decided - nah - i shall not publish it. What's the matter with me?

Haha..! anyway...

Let me talk about the office - I had a scare on Wednesday coz i thought it was my 3-month review. Why should i have been scared? I wonder. But anyway, it's good i have a few more days to plan out my thoughts and buck up the confidence.

Meanwhile, I went for my first yoga at california gym on Wednesday and it was pretty nice.. great stretching.. all those moves.. i love the music.. the new age kinda music..

Which reminds me.. recently i've been thinking of Kitano - anyone remember? Kitano? i dunno what to call his music - japanese folk tunes? new age? and then the soundtrack for Mononoke Hime (princess mononoke) comes into mind as well.. and i drift off into my own world.... it's so amazing.. the power of music.. and somehow i still like music that sounds edgy or sad or poignant.. regretful, whatever. Hmmm.. you can hear those music samples here already.. oops.

I've progressed somehow from JC old days of creed and three doors down. At least now i don't dwell in it when i'm feeling down. But rather i have an interesting dream - to play it (violin) - or rather - to see it convey a story more deeper than the music - for example, in a musical - or something - to lead people to reflect on God more. hmm dream on?

Anyway, the whole point of this blogpost was to say this: How I wish I could see the church having a unified vision for youths and have a proper structure with which youths are taught and supported in their quest to know Jesus and be a God follower.

I have a terrible bias against catechism because i felt that it didn't work - or doesn't. Perhaps it was a time where spiritually i was not 'awakened'. I did not have a God experience. But i truly believe that there still isn't enough support in the catholic church where this area is concerned. And i feel like.. so now we are working so hard because we feel this is an area we need to work on - to 'save' our youths.. and i just feel like.. MAN! It's like walking against the river tide - whereby if you just flow with the river - nothing is changed.. and we'll go back to point zero.. the bottom.

Then again - I am not a catechist and i don't know what they actually face and whether these feelings are justified.

So well.. I shall not worry myself too much.

I'll just let God and.... Let God! God will make a way.. where there seems to be no way... He works in ways, we cannot see, He will make a way for me! He will be my guide, hold me closely to His side. With love and strength for each new day, He will make a way... He will make a way!!...

Proverbs 3:6"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. "


My sites
+ Youth Arise Ministry
+ OLPS Youth
+ OLPS Ensemble
+ JazzicalBelles
+ Cordas Quad (String quartet)
+ NTU String Orchestra
+ Facebook

+ Email me + Home
© 2008 Samantha Marie Chan. All rights reserved. Last tampered 130908